The car locked me out twice now...

Civic rick

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
I have the 2016 Honda Civic Touring trim, now about 3 months old.
Well about two weeks ago as I was leaving work in the pouring rain, I ran to the car, I had the key fob in my pocket, and the car refused to open, I fiddled around for about 10 min. and finally it opened the door for me.
Today the wife went grocery shopping and same thing happened to her. She called me on her cell phone And I told her to take the hidden door key out of the key fob and open the door that way, well she got the door opeen, but it also set off the car alarm.
what's up with that shit? we both have our own set of key fob's so it can't be both defective.
Anyone got an idea on why it doing this?
Thanks guys
Dana0069
Same thing happened to me 2016 Honda Civic ex-t took it to the dealership today set fuse panel have to be replaced check with your dealership
Sponsored

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing happened to me 2016 Honda Civic ex-t took it to the dealership today set fuse panel have to be replaced check with your dealership
my hatchback sport did this last week for the first time hatch will unlock but doors will not, but my key did not work either.
took the car to the dealer but key fob started to work then ( figures) but key still did not work.
they took off my door panel and the rod to my door lock was not even attached. and told me it could have affected the keyless entry but was not sure since it was working when i got there.
3 days later it did the same thing again hatch unlocks rest of car does not but atleast my car worked this time, now just have to find time to hit the dealer again and tell them something is still wrong

Civic rick

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
My 2016 EXT was doing the same thing happened to me several times dealership change the fuse box no problem since then oh the battery went out 2 days after they check the battery three times

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this just happened to me the last week. went to put something in the trunk at the gas station. i grabbed the door handle but it did not open, tried the unlock button and got nothing. had to use the physical key. alarm went off for a sec but i was able to get it. this was the second time it happened to me. first time was about 4 months into ownership about 2 years ago. both same circumstances, as it only happened after i accessed the trunk and tried to oped the door.

BaltOsFan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
This happened to me for the second time yesterday, the first time only being a month ago. My key fob was in my pocket, went to put something in my trunk, opened it up put my bag in, closed it, started to go toward the driver's door, nothing worked. The 4 orange/yellow lights were all on, no buttons worked on the fob, the physical key didn't work, but fortunately the alarm wasn't going off. The only difference was that last time after about 45 minutes, the lights went off and my key fob worked. This time, well, it's up to about 14 hours since it happened and still can't get in.

Anyone find a solution or get Honda to admit there's a problem? It seems like this is happening to mostly 2016 models.
Sponsored