The car I should get is a WRX or a Tacoma. Change my mind.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
You should definetly drive a MKVII Golf R. If you are looking for an all around jack of all trades with excellent design and driving ergonomics there isn’t much better.

If I had to have only 1 car to drive or own it would that. The interior is a little more subtle and looks less like an anime character threw up inside of it. If you can get over the fact of the civics aggressive over the top design and don’t need AWD I’m sure it’s great.

I live in Michigan and win Blizzaks the Golf R handled like it was on rails in any conditions.

The only downside is it looks virtually identical to a base Golf. It doesn’t have a giant wing and aero bits tacked on everywhere. Some don’t see this as a negative.

I would highly recommend driving one. I’m not aware of any major issues with the car. I had mine for almost 20k miles with no problems including APR stage 1 tuned from 2k miles on. That car was fast.

It sounds like you have made up your mind.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't even finish reading the post...stopped when you mentioned you mountain bike and snow board, etc...you need a WRX. It will be better on gas than the Tacoma with all that driving you'd be doing.

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
CTR doesn't do it all for me, but pretty damn close. For my other needs I have a Toyota Sequoia.

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
Get the truck for all around use. If you still need speed, purchase a Yamaha YZF. You have nice weather. I would take advantage of it.
Sponsored