Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Just dropped a new blog today. Check it out here. After some track sessions with both our FK7 and FC1 I was not thrilled with the brakes on either of the cars. I knew that a big part of it was the pad compound but I also knew the car was getting faster, the tires were getting stickier, and the aero was going to make more down-force once on the car. So that made me start thinking about an upgrade. No real good pad and rotor options exist yet with expect one or two pad manufacturers and even at that I wonder if the stock caliper can take the abuse.

The blog goes into a little more detail in between the kits and we see what some of the differences are. Been playing with the idea of an upgrade for a few months now so will see what we can make happen. Enjoy and lets start the convo.

Honda Civic 10th gen The Brake Breakdown 27WON R&D Hatchback Sport

Honda Civic 10th gen The Brake Breakdown SI vs Hatchback Rotors  (3)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
ooh, it sucks we can't simply swap Si brakes for other trims, I was hoping for that :(

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
he didn't say we CAN'T, it just takes all the brackets too (from what I can tell)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
he didn't say we CAN'T, it just takes all the brackets too (from what I can tell)
which means more spending and more work, not just plug and play replace rotors ....
I had full front and rear Audi S8 brakes on my 2000 passat it was just plug and play no other mods... I was hoping for the same thing here

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
which means more spending and more work, not just plug and play replace rotors ....
I had full front and rear Audi S8 brakes on my 2000 passat it was just plug and play no other mods... I was hoping for the same thing here
If you want plug & play, then the S2000 rotors and JDM DC5 Brembos are what you'd do.
Sponsored