First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well ladies and gents the time has come and with Covid-19 going on business has slowed down. I work selling parts at a Porsche dealer and this pandemic hit us just like everything else it has affected.
My wife works from home and she drives the sporthatch, so I still have a 1.5 turbo, but will never be the same as my Si. We decided why pay for two cars when one is parked.

Mine was a lease sold it to Carmax and came out with money in my pocket, so it worked out well.
Going to miss the car very much, such a fun car to drive. I enjoyed the Ktuner with the TSP stage 1 left it mostly on map 1 and in sport mode which was enough for me to get around traffic.

I will be putting my Ktuner for sale on the forum once I am done with deleting the car off of it. PM if interested.

Everyone new and old to the 10th gen Si enjoy the car and hope you don't fall victim to this pandemic bad enough you have to sell it.

Cheers!
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate that you had to sell the car but there are plenty more out there if you want another when the time is right.

I hope you still have access to the car, otherwise it may too late to unlock your KTuner. :S

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You should keep the KTuner. You'd be amazed how it transforms the driveability of even the base 1.5T.

I've been tuned a couple years and have had the TSP 1 for over a year. Don't sell the base models short, even the ones with a CVT.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Tune the hatch! Totally changes the car. If your wife doesn't like too much zip then the TSP stage 1 map 1 would be fine for her likely :)

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
carvana offers better deal than those assholes at carmax.. they always low ball

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Tune the hatch! Totally changes the car. If your wife doesn't like too much zip then the TSP stage 1 map 1 would be fine for her likely :)
I have the 1.5T and am interested in tuning it once the power train warranty is over. Can you give me an idea of what kind of changes I can expect? And how does it affect the fuel economy?

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate that you had to sell the car but there are plenty more out there if you want another when the time is right.

I hope you still have access to the car, otherwise it may too late to unlock your KTuner. :S
Damn dude I need the car to unlock the V2? Well I guess I am f'ed.

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was gonna ask that, had an idea they would, but I will try to see if they have it at the dealer and talk with the porter that I was talking with there about the car see if he can get me access to the car.

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
I have the 1.5T and am interested in tuning it once the power train warranty is over. Can you give me an idea of what kind of changes I can expect? And how does it affect the fuel economy?
Fuel economy really depends on how hard you drive it. Our guy @gtman has posted many cases where he's still hitting really good mpgs on his commutes to work. Pretty sure even 50+ mpgs at times. With respect to the change of the car, it is night and day. I almost don't remember what stock feels like since I've been tuned for over a year. My initial reaction though was very positive!

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well ladies and gents the time has come and with Covid-19 going on business has slowed down. I work selling parts at a Porsche dealer and this pandemic hit us just like everything else it has affected.
My wife works from home and she drives the sporthatch, so I still have a 1.5 turbo, but will never be the same as my Si. We decided why pay for two cars when one is parked.

Mine was a lease sold it to Carmax and came out with money in my pocket, so it worked out well.
Going to miss the car very much, such a fun car to drive. I enjoyed the Ktuner with the TSP stage 1 left it mostly on map 1 and in sport mode which was enough for me to get around traffic.

I will be putting my Ktuner for sale on the forum once I am done with deleting the car off of it. PM if interested.

Everyone new and old to the 10th gen Si enjoy the car and hope you don't fall victim to this pandemic bad enough you have to sell it.

Cheers!
Neps, Sorry you had to part with it but understand priorities.

Similar situation here with veh#3 we wanted to hang onto for son. A tuned ‘17 Ridgeline Black Edition (Type R treatment) w/46k miles. Although only owed $10k, It was a bit much for a (recovering illness) teenS first car and stoping $500/mo payments would help (plus insurance).

Sold it outright to local Honda dealer for $29k just before they let half their staff go. With Extented warranties refundS, got back almost $32k total. That cash influx helps get us through wife’s biz shut down for about six weeks. She kept her ‘17 Lexus GX460 (no sympathy here) and I’d only let go of my ‘19 Type R if COVID took me out for good. Who would have this much fun here then?

Many people are faced with downsizing, doing without. Having said that, dealers are going rock bottom on used inventory and giving decent hungry driven deals on new, the much less profitable side of car sales.

Rates are good, if you’re not impacted, buyers market.

Hang in there and once when this blows over, that KTuner might get used on say a...2022?

Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Covid-19 I had to let her go. 4B911332-6FCC-4E23-A2EE-C5AE16B9BCC1

Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Covid-19 I had to let her go. DAB7D681-2934-4F38-9F88-2D5471BAA9AE

Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Covid-19 I had to let her go. AE0001FA-F6FC-476C-8009-FCF11C1C3B3E

Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Covid-19 I had to let her go. 7A25BF59-EDD6-442A-A543-7595FD6912C8

Honda Civic 10th gen Thanks Covid-19 I had to let her go. 4659B7E4-AB4C-4086-87A1-13556AB9D7D3

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, you have to flash it back to stock and then press unlock from vehicle on the unit in order to get it off the vehicle.

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yeah, you have to flash it back to stock and then press unlock from vehicle on the unit in order to get it off the vehicle.
Went to Carmax and unlocked it :headbang:

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
carvana offers better deal than those assholes at carmax.. they always low ball
I got a quote on Carvana, but heard they low ball you once they come and inspect the car.
Sponsored