Thanks Carvana

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Carvana is currently trying to build their inventory of used cars, which are a hot commodity at the moment. I'm seeing many used cars selling for about the same price or even more in some cases than new. I was looking at Tesla's, and 2017 Model 3 are selling almost as much as new. FYI, I'm not buying a Tesla, but just browsing
The Tesla thing is normal, people bought them for the federal tax credit then sell them the next year and end up netting a profit off people to dumb to realize they could have bought new for cheaper, It was either Samcrac or Rich Rebuilds on youtube talked about this in a video last year.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Offered 29k for a CTR with 5k miles, lol nah.
NOPE...not going to happen for that price haha. They must really have an aversion to CTR's!

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
The Tesla thing is normal, people bought them for the federal tax credit then sell them the next year and end up netting a profit off people to dumb to realize they could have bought new for cheaper, It was either Samcrac or Rich Rebuilds on youtube talked about this in a video last year.
I also looked at some other cars a few months back as well, such as the 2020 Hyundai Veloster N. Before they were sold out at the dealerships, they were priced around $26.6K new (not including destination charges), on Carvana 2018-2020 were going for $25K with anything from 10K to 20K miles on them

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Offered 29k for a CTR with 5k miles, lol nah.
They offered me $22K for mine. KBB offered $6K more base even with an accident on the Carfax. Lmao

mikegold

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si coupe, 2018 GT3, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 1990 300ZX, 1986 300ZX
Country flag
and, I bought 60 shares of carvana in feb 2019 @ $42.73 and its now trading at $200, so its been a great investment also

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
I haven't sold a car to Carvana, but my stepson bought and financed one from them about a year ago, and it was a simple, easy experience for him as well. The whole delivery experience is pretty cool.

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
They bought my 19 F150 for 3k more than I paid for it new. Whole process took 15 minutes and they cut me the check for remaining equity on site. Great to deal with.

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Can you give more insight on your car? Condition? Miles? Lease or purchase? How did they inspect the car?

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Carvana is currently trying to build their inventory of used cars, which are a hot commodity at the moment. I'm seeing many used cars selling for about the same price or even more in some cases than new. I was looking at Tesla's, and 2017 Model 3 are selling almost as much as new. FYI, I'm not buying a Tesla, but just browsing
yea in nj you get $5000 off an all electric car. I was going to grab a model 3 then carvana it in a yr and either be free or make money.
If we didnt have a free second car from her work and our 17 crv paid off i’d do it

OP
OP
SKOOK

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you give more insight on your car? Condition? Miles? Lease or purchase? How did they inspect the car?
The car was in pretty nice shape when I sold it to them. 15,000 miles so there were only a few minor stone chips on the front. I did however select the "modified" car option as there were a few mods that I was unable to remove prior to selling. This does lower the overall price that they are willing to offer you for the car. I purchased and owned the car outright but I was told that the process is almost identical if you have a loan. Carvana simply pays the loan company and you get the difference.

When the tech arrived to pick up the car, he simply started it up and drove it around to behind the flatbed truck. He took a picture of all four sides, the interior and then the odometer. After that, the inspection process was complete and the car was loaded onto the truck. I signed the four required pieces of paperwork and then received a direct deposit check on the spot for the car's value.

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Carvana always low balled me, significantly, and I ended up trading in my CTR to a dealer who was giving me $7K more than Carvana's offer. Doesn't work everywhere. In the end, glad it worked out for you though!
Just curious, why did you end up selling your CTR? I was looking at getting one a bit later

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just curious, why did you end up selling your CTR? I was looking at getting one a bit later
Wasn't suiting me anymore. Wanted something more relaxing and easier to drive. Also dropped my monthly payment by over half of what it was.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put in my 2016 ext coupe in great shape, paint chips of course, a ith 109,000 miles. They only offered $8700. Fuk that, its worth a lot more to me than that.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
I put in my 2016 ext coupe in great shape, paint chips of course, a ith 109,000 miles. They only offered $8700. Fuk that, its worth a lot more to me than that.
Lol
Yea they will offer good prices if you’re using the car as intended 10/12k a year or less. If you’re doing heavy driving its worth nothing to them

OLDRICR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Country flag
I just tried it with my 2020 Civic Sport Hatchback, manual. I bought it a couple months ago. It has 650 miles and they offered me 18,100. Vroom offered 20,200
Best dealer trade offer I’ve had is 19k
Sponsored