Text messages? Do I have to have my Iphone plugged in for some pop up/notification?

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
New owner and did not have anything told to me about any of the tech in my R. But I have been noticing am I not seeing any sort of notification of receiving a text message at all. I added Carplay so does this change the way the head unit shows you have a text?

thx
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
If you are just using the bluetooth connection, I recommend plugging the phone in to use CarPlay instead. The OEM system is horrific to use daily, and Carplay essentially bypasses it.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
If you are just using the bluetooth connection, I recommend plugging the phone in to use CarPlay instead. The OEM system is horrific to use daily, and Carplay essentially bypasses it.
I plug in my Ipod for music so that's not really an option. I wish the car had wireless Carplay like my last 3 cars...

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
No, I fixed everything last night and the text message pop up now works
You get text messages with carplay without the phone connected? Can you elaborate how you got this functioning? I seem to only get them when the phone is hardlined to run carplay.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
You get text messages with carplay without the phone connected? Can you elaborate how you got this functioning? I seem to only get them when the phone is hardlined to run carplay.
I get the text message pop up from the head unit which wasn't happening at all previously and not Carplay.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I get the text message pop up from the head unit which wasn't happening at all previously and not Carplay.
Huh interesting. Maybe I'm just unpopular and don't get texts lol

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
No, I fixed everything last night and the text message pop up now works
Just curious, what did you end up having to do.

I don't have a problem because I use DND while driving and that silences texts and text notifications whether connected via BT or CarPlay. I can still see the notification badge on the Messages app icon and decide if want to hear the text and reply. Calls come through regardless of DND whenever the phone is connected no matter the connection method. That's just the way the iOS' DND works.

OP
OP
Ultimateone

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
Just curious, what did you end up having to do.

I don't have a problem because I use DND while driving and that silences texts and text notifications whether connected via BT or CarPlay. I can still see the notification badge on the Messages app icon and decide if want to hear the text and reply. Calls come through regardless of DND whenever the phone is connected no matter the connection method. That's just the way the iOS' DND works.
I had to choose notifications on my Iphone under Honda bluetooth, as well as make sure that pop up was set to "on" under the phone settings on the head unit
Sponsored