Text Message Issue

aram000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX=T
Country flag
Is anyone having difficulty using the messaging app via bluetooth? Every time I get a text from someone, it shows only their phone number, rather than their contact name. Calling, however, works fine and shows their contact name. has anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix it? Thanks.
Sponsored

Lopepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP
Is anyone having difficulty using the messaging app via bluetooth? Every time I get a text from someone, it shows only their phone number, rather than their contact name. Calling, however, works fine and shows their contact name. has anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix it? Thanks.
I had the same issue when I got the car. I found that if I edited my contacts so the phone numbers in my phone matched what was displayed by the car, it worked fine. Some of my contacts were in my phone as "(123)456-7890" and I had to change them to "+1(124)456-7890"

I know that seems like a pain in the ass but it's actually how phone numbers try to save when you create a new contact after receiving a call from that number. Plus setting it up this way will help you if you ever take your phone out of country. Hope that helps.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Having to edit all of your contacts in order for the name to display completely sucks. Software fail on Honda's part.

OP
OP

aram000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX=T
Country flag
I had the same issue when I got the car. I found that if I edited my contacts so the phone numbers in my phone matched what was displayed by the car, it worked fine. Some of my contacts were in my phone as "(123)456-7890" and I had to change them to "+1(124)456-7890"

I know that seems like a pain in the ass but it's actually how phone numbers try to save when you create a new contact after receiving a call from that number. Plus setting it up this way will help you if you ever take your phone out of country. Hope that helps.
Worked perfectly, thank you.

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
-I don't want to start a new thread and clog this section-
I'm having issues via Bluetooth when it comes to responding to text messages. The reply box isn't highlighted. Does anyone else have this problem? How do I fix it -_-? (I have an iPhone btw) thanks in advanced!

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
-I don't want to start a new thread and clog this section-
I'm having issues via Bluetooth when it comes to responding to text messages. The reply box isn't highlighted. Does anyone else have this problem? How do I fix it -_-? (I have an iPhone btw) thanks in advanced!
Angela,

As far as iPhones are concerned, i don't believe they are 100% supported as far as text messaging!

You may need to go ahead and use Apple Carplay!

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Angela,

As far as iPhones are concerned, i don't believe they are 100% supported as far as text messaging!

You may need to go ahead and use Apple Carplay!
Ya I was afraid of that. I really like how Bluetooth let's you navigate using the bottoms. Oh wells... Thanks for your response:)