Testing Competition Clutch Stage 2 with 20 lb Single Mass Flywheel

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Still grabbing great. No chatter, I track it so it has handled the abuse of the track environment very well. Engagement is just like stock, just about 20% stiffer. Maybe contact them and see if they are going to release it soon. I have given them a lot of data of their prototype. They said they were going to make one change but never told me what. Maybe a slightly lighter flywheel?
How is it going with the clutch, I’m trying to figure out what clutch to go with. It’s either between competitions clutch or for action clutch stage 2. I heard that the competition clutch disc doesn’t like to be slipped and it’s smells like burnt clutch when you do slip it

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Ordered ACT clutch kit along with SS clutch line. Comes in tomorrow, should be getting it installed this weekend
Goodluck are you installing yourself?

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you have any issues with misfire detection? I hear some aftermarket flywheels cause issues with that and it needs to be disabled. Also are you on stock clutch master cylinder or an upgraded one? Are you getting any lockout?

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like Two-Step Performance has these available now as well.. https://www.twostepperformance.com/...formance-clutch-kit-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t

Stage 2 organic option is rated for 425 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, which seems very suitable for those of us running full bolt-ons and tune.. would likely hold upgraded turbo as well

Potential to be a great option, can't wait to hear some feedback
do you actually plan on making over 300wtq? im full bolt-on with prl big turbo and act street clutch kit and only make just over 300wtq. i can see if you're going for a large turbo and big power up top maybe.. but otherwise dont kill your driveability.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
do you actually plan on making over 300wtq? im full bolt-on with prl big turbo and act street clutch kit and only make just over 300wtq. i can see if you're going for a large turbo and big power up top maybe.. but otherwise dont kill your driveability.
Would love to go with exedy but the low torque ratings are causing some hesitation.. clutchmasters, spec, and action have been seeing issues (chatter, lockout, etc).. that leaves act or competition .. How do you find the act clutch?

Last edited:

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Would love to go with exedy but the low torque ratings are causing some hesitation.. clutchmasters, spec, and action have been seeing issues (chatter, lockout, etc).. that leaves act or competition .. How do you find the act clutch?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like Two-Step Performance has these available now as well.. https://www.twostepperformance.com/...formance-clutch-kit-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t

Stage 2 organic option is rated for 425 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, which seems very suitable for those of us running full bolt-ons and tune.. would likely hold upgraded turbo as well

Potential to be a great option, can't wait to hear some feedback
I ordered mines from prl awhile back don’t think they got them on stock.. maybe two is going to receive them to

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Act organic seems like a solid option.. rated for 364tq at the crank it seems?
hate to bring bad news but im using the ACT street (organic) with my prl big turbo. the act still has the lockout issues so the kzcmc is needed also.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you have any issues with misfire detection? I hear some aftermarket flywheels cause issues with that and it needs to be disabled. Also are you on stock clutch master cylinder or an upgraded one? Are you getting any lockout?
Action Clutch Stage 3 and 18lb flywheel, no misfire detections here, pretty much in line with stock, maybe 5-10 more per run, but not enough to throw codes or go into limp mode. Just roll raced it tonight, no issues

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
hate to bring bad news but im using the ACT street (organic) with my prl big turbo. the act still has the lockout issues so the kzcmc is needed also.
Action Clutch Stage 3 here, no lockout issues with WOT from 1-2, 2-3, or 3-4 that I've noticed, and been pulling hard lately

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does the upgraded cmc fix the lockout issues?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Does the upgraded cmc fix the lockout issues?
From what I read from everyone that used it yes for all clutch makes. Just have to get one while they're in stock.
Sponsored