Testing Competition Clutch Stage 2 with 20 lb Single Mass Flywheel

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Chiming in here! I'm on the Action Clutch Stage 3 plus Aluminum flywheel, purchased through MAPerformance.

Can definitely say that yes, despite heavier pedal, definitely dailyable, and I expect the Stage 2 to be even more so. Even the six-puck stage 3 can slip enough to be easy in first and reverse. Chatter and increased noise are there, but honestly after break in it's minimal. 350 miles in, no issues so far, will pour on power more this weekend, but so far held 25PSI on TSP Stage 1 on Map 3 just fine.
Sponsored

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Holding up fine. I was the first one Jason waters tuned. He is friends with the guy who made the tsp time so discussed how to best time this engine. My stock intercooler held me back. I also had a stock clutch so he didn't want to push it too much.
Hey! Can you give update about clutch and also how many miles you spent on it?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I have been testing out Competition Clutch's Stage 2 with 20lb Single Mass Flywheel, 2018 Si. I have broken it in nicely and have 3 track days on it. I have PRL Cobra Street, Intercooler, and Ktuner for power mods. Got a custom tune from Jason Waters at EBTEC in GA. 230hp/270tq in 100 degree shop with just a Cobra. This was before clutch and intercooler. Once I get a DP/FP I should be able to get 240hp/280tq.

The clutch definitely holds the power. I was told it will hold 300tq. LSD holds the power as well. Changed fluid with Amsoil MTF.
The pedal is about 30% stiffer. Can easily be DD as long as you dont sit in a ton of traffic.
Flywheel is good weight for street, strip, and track. I don't feel the need to go lighter. No chatter during normal use. I have the CDV removed so still no chatter issues.
They will be coming out with a stage 1 but I do not know the specs on it yet.
No ETA on release date but it is coming down the pipe.

Just FYI for folks to know other clutch options are coming.
Thanks for the info about this! Seems like a very good option. Have you heard any additional info about the stage 1 option?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
TSP STAGE 1 TUNE my results. Completely stock besides the tune of course

315EFB02-220A-43B0-B787-C37403D1C92B.jpeg
Was that in map 3? That looks more like map 1 or map 2 numbers. Obviously it could also be due to a different Dyno, but it doesn't even seem in the same ballpark as the numbers TSP gives.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Was that in map 3? That looks more like map 1 or map 2 numbers. Obviously it could also be due to a different Dyno, but it doesn't even seem in the same ballpark as the numbers TSP gives.
The results can be different due to elevation, temperature and humidity level

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was with the highest boost allowed from the map so map 3, I'm at 2k elevation and that day was pretty warm for my area like around 90 degree heat

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
DF919A99-D613-4D7E-89E4-DEEFBD799C14.jpeg

These were my final numbers that day, TSP TUNE vs Custom tune. This way about a year ago
That's an impressive gain over an off the shelf tune that doesn't leave much on the table for a fully stock car.

MrTureelok

First Name
Ribardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's an impressive gain over an off the shelf tune that doesn't leave much on the table for a fully stock car.
TSP tune was stock, final numbers were with CAI from PRL and exhaust

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
DF919A99-D613-4D7E-89E4-DEEFBD799C14.jpeg

These were my final numbers that day, TSP TUNE vs Custom tune. This way about a year ago
Where are you located and who tuned your car?