Test result of the second hand CTR, is that ok?

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC60, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Hi guys,

Well, today I finally went for it, something in my mind says it's wrong but just by standing near this red beast I couldn't resist

There was a shop just in the same building as the dealer, they checked everything including a dyno test. He only got to the 4th gear and here is the result:

Does that look ok? Everything else was just fine, not paint, no obvious sign of any abuse.

Honda Civic 10th gen Test result of the second hand CTR, is that ok? IMG_1804 copy
Sponsored

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was something supposed to be attached?
Sorry, I thought it worked, file was .HEIC so I think that's the cause it wasn't being pasted correctly.

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi guys,

Well, today I finally went for it, something in my mind says it's wrong but just by standing near this red beast I couldn't resist

There was a shop just in the same building as the dealer, they checked everything including a dyno test. He only got to the 4th gear and here is the result:

Does that look ok? Everything else was just fine, not paint, no obvious sign of any abuse.

IMG_1804 copy.jpg
Nobody interested to comment?

phornea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Manual
Country flag
Nobody interested to comment?
Since no one else posted, I'll give it a shot, mind you I don't own a Type R nor am I knowledgeable in any way when it comes to dyno's. But just from a quick search around the web, it seems most Type R's are posting much higher (unexpectedly high) HP numbers, closer to 290 whp. Typically FWD cars have about 10-15% power loss, which equates to 260-275 whp for the Type R.

At 220 whp as per your results, thats nearly a 30% power loss, which seems awfully low hp. I dont know if the test was run conservatively or differently, but thats just my quick 2 cents.

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Not a whole lot of diagnostic information can be pulled from a baseline dyno power run since that particular dyno might report low, while another with the same car can report high. The power is within range, but if you really wanna dig into it, if the oil has a few good miles on it, get it tested along with the transmission fluid to see if there's any abnormal wear on rotating parts like say high brass content on the transmission fluid might tell you that the synchros may have seen a few bad shifts.

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks a lot guys,

Well in fact yesterday I went to they seller, told him that this looks not really right. This should be higher, so he called the shop that tested the car and we all went there again.
My problem is that I can't speak or understand Turkish language so the guy who translates is not so good in mechanical stuff. But finally the dyno guy said I he wants he can get the most out of it and he didn't want to put a lot pressure on the engine as he felt it's still like a new one!!
Then he ran another test, and this time we got more than 298HP and that seemed to be right to me.

Unfortunately I noticed that to top edge of the front tires side wall are worn. If I'm right this should happen in a track which gave me quite bad feeling of this deal.
Eventually I couldn't resist and accepted to get the car. What do you think of the front tires? Am I stupid taking this baby?
Honda Civic 10th gen Test result of the second hand CTR, is that ok? IMG_1846

Honda Civic 10th gen Test result of the second hand CTR, is that ok? IMG_1830
Honda Civic 10th gen Test result of the second hand CTR, is that ok? IMG_1831

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks a lot guys,

Well in fact yesterday I went to they seller, told him that this looks not really right. This should be higher, so he called the shop that tested the car and we all went there again.
My problem is that I can't speak or understand Turkish language so the guy who translates is not so good in mechanical stuff. But finally the dyno guy said I he wants he can get the most out of it and he didn't want to put a lot pressure on the engine as he felt it's still like a new one!!
Then he ran another test, and this time we got more than 298HP and that seemed to be right to me.

Unfortunately I noticed that to top edge of the front tires side wall are worn. If I'm right this should happen in a track which gave me quite bad feeling of this deal.
Eventually I couldn't resist and accepted to get the car. What do you think of the front tires? Am I stupid taking this baby?
IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1831.jpg
That’s normal wear for that tire on the track. Ask for a refund if you don’t feel right about the car otherwise enjoy driving it (if no refund). Good luck.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Thanks a lot guys,

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1831.jpg
Yeah, someone ragged on those tires and/or ran them at too low psi. But tires are a wear item, who cares. I would check out the brakes though. Maybe check for overrevs via a scanner?

So long as everything else checks out (suspension, frame), what else can you say? I'm sure you'll still have many thousands of km together. Nice car!

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s normal wear for that tire on the track. Ask for a refund if you don’t feel right about the car otherwise enjoy driving it (if no refund). Good luck.
Well, the paradox is that everything else looks quite good in this car. It's just a feeling whether this was tortured without any breaking in period.

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, someone ragged on those tires and/or ran them at too low psi. But tires are a wear item, who cares. I would check out the brakes though. Maybe check for overrevs via a scanner?

So long as everything else checks out (suspension, frame), what else can you say? I'm sure you'll still have many thousands of km together. Nice car!
Today I went to a Honda dealer and asked them to change the oil and move those nasty front tires to the back. The brake disks are just like new!!! That's why I was really not able to decide not to get the car.
How many miles on track will turn them this bad?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I went to a Honda dealer and asked them to change the oil and move those nasty front tires to the back. The brake disks are just like new!!! That's why I was really not able to decide not to get the car.
How many miles on track will turn them this bad?
1 mile depending on the track/course.

OP
OP
mehrdad

mehrdad

First Name
Mehrdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag