First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic H ST 6m
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think Honda knows what they're doing..when they make a Civic called 'Touring' it's going to be made for touring. A Civic 'Si' is going to be a manual that handles well but not so comfy and a little loud. A Civic 'Sport' is going to look sporty and be available in manual. An 'LX' is just going to be a boring daily driver.
The LX is still fun to drive.
The Sport Touring manual is just beyond belief.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
The LX is still fun to drive.
The Sport Touring manual is just beyond belief.
I have the lx manual and itā€™s a blast. I have the hatchback cvt and it is also a blast. But I never got the chance to drive a 1.5t manual. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a monster. But the response of the NA Vtec motor is what makes the manual so fun. I just wish they made a sedan with the 2.0 turbo manual. I would pay extra for that

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have the lx manual and itā€™s a blast. I have the hatchback cvt and it is also a blast. But I never got the chance to drive a 1.5t manual. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a monster. But the response of the NA Vtec motor is what makes the manual so fun. I just wish they made a sedan with the 2.0 turbo manual. I would pay extra for that
They do. It's the Accord Sport 2.0t, and of course the CTR

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
I have a 2017 sport touring hatchback with the 6MT (in Canada!) and I love it. It's a joy to drive and handles superbly. I did test drive a 2019 Si just for fun last year and it was honestly not enough of a difference, if any, to make me want to "upgrade", as my dealer kept saying. I also upgraded my shifter with an aftermarket shift knob and some Acuity parts and the shift feel is amazing.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
They do. It's the Accord Sport 2.0t, and of course the CTR
I mean a civic sedan 2.0 turbo manual. I think the accord is ok looking but itā€™s not as nice looking as the civic. And the CTR is a hatchback. Basically I want the CTR motor in my sedan civic.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean a civic sedan 2.0 turbo manual. I think the accord is ok looking but itā€™s not as nice looking as the civic. And the CTR is a hatchback. Basically I want the CTR motor in my sedan civic.
Yeah, I know what you meant :)
Unfortunately not going to happen. The closest you are going to get is the Civic Sport 2.0, which is a nice car, but not fast

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Yes it is purpose built. So the Si is better for a track while a touring model is better for everyday driving comfort. So it depends on what the owner plans to do with it. But straight line performance seems to not disappoint in any model.
How is the shifting in the Sport Touring compared to the SI? I tried an SI a couple of weeks ago for a test drive and really liked it but I didn't want a black one and there is no other color close to me right now but I am not in a hurry. I may try the Sport Touring instead to see if I like it but I really want a manual and leather seats would be nice if they are comfortable. I liked the SI seats but didn't drive it long enough to know what they would feel like after 3 or more hours traveling.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
How is the shifting in the Sport Touring compared to the SI? I tried an SI a couple of weeks ago for a test drive and really liked it but I didn't want a black one and there is no other color close to me right now but I am not in a hurry. I may try the Sport Touring instead to see if I like it but I really want a manual and leather seats would be nice if they are comfortable. I liked the SI seats but didn't drive it long enough to know what they would feel like after 3 or more hours traveling.
Isn't it the same basic 6 speed as the Si?

As far as the leather seats, the power adjustments are what makes the difference. I am often fine tuning them for comfort during a drive and it helps.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Isn't it the same basic 6 speed as the Si?

As far as the leather seats, the power adjustments are what makes the difference. I am often fine tuning them for comfort during a drive and it helps.
I don't know if it is the same or not. I have heard that the Accord manual is not nearly as nice as the SI , but I am curious about the Sport Touring or other Civic models. I didn't like the rev hang in the SI but it was tolerable for me. Overall the SI was a very nice ride but I am still driving a 2006 Mazda3 5sp sedan for comparison! It is hard to find anything in manual in north GA area near Chattanooga, TN. I would like to try the Kia Forte GT, Hyundai Elantra GT N Line and a Genesis G70 2.0L with a manual but none within 150 miles or so unless that has changed lately.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have a 2019 Sport Touring. I can tell you for sure there are rattles. The whole roof liner rattles. I cushioned the roof liner near the sun roof and Iā€™m beginning to get another rattle, a light sounding one further back. So there are rattles but then again I am not stock anymore. As the seats yes they were more comfortable than the Siā€™s definitely. But we donā€™t have as much bolster support so you move around in your seat more during spirited driving compared to an Si. Heated seats actually do come in handy as the leather can get cold in the winter times. I do wish the seats had lumbar support though, after super long trips my back begins to get uncomfortable because it tends to sit you in deeper for lack of blustering I feel like. (24 years old so Iā€™m not old lol)

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2019 Sport Touring. I can tell you for sure there are rattles. The whole roof liner rattles. I cushioned the roof liner near the sun roof and Iā€™m beginning to get another rattle, a light sounding one further back. So there are rattles but then again I am not stock anymore. As the seats yes they were more comfortable than the Siā€™s definitely. But we donā€™t have as much bolster support so you move around in your seat more during spirited driving compared to an Si. Heated seats actually do come in handy as the leather can get
LA, cold winter? LOL it's funny how I see Californians bundling up when it turns 60 degrees. The heavy jackets come out when it hits 50. I grew up in West LA, and it can be 90 degrees in the middle of December! When I lived in Santa Monica (3 blocks from the Santa Monica Pier) I would head down to the beach in the middle of winter...at night!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LA, cold winter? LOL it's funny how I see Californians bundling up when it turns 60 degrees. The heavy jackets come out when it hits 50. I grew up in West LA, and it can be 90 degrees in the middle of December! When I lived in Santa Monica (3 blocks from the Santa Monica Pier) I would head down to the beach in the middle of winter...at night!
So youā€™re an avid Polar Bear Plunge participant.

Honda Civic 10th gen Test drove a 2017 Civic Touring, and I am disappointed at how good it is A1366969-0525-4F5E-86A9-0F4AF8441F6F

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Last year it was a warm winter. This year itā€™s been a cold on. I leave for work at 4am so itā€™s pretty cold in the mornings. Just his morning it was 41Ā°, which is hella cold for me lol, but 50-60Ā° weather isnā€™t bad itā€™s chilly but doable. I travel a lot for work so Iā€™m able to handle more than the average born and raised and never leave so-cal Californian
Sponsored