saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This thread reminds me of my old '15 Hyundai Elantra Sport. It was more luxurious than sporty lol. The Elantra Sport had a sleek interior with leather seats, gps, sunroof etc.

Granted the Civic Touring has a nice interior, but you might be bored after having the CVT and non sport suspension of the SI.

But yes I wish some times the SI had leather seat.

Is your daughter getting the Civic Touring?
Did the 2015 Elantra had the arm that held out the seat belt? My 2014 did it was a good idea but it just got in the way
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Did the 2015 Elantra had the arm that held out the seat belt? My 2014 did it was a good idea but it just got in the way
I had this seatbelt presenter in my previous car.
I miss it. It is so useful in coupes.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I had this seatbelt presenter in my previous car.
I miss it. It is so useful in coupes.
Yes this was a Elantra coupe like I said it’s a good idea but every time I got out of the car it was in the way maybe if they made it fold when you opened the door :dunno:

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I think it did and I never really noticed it. Gave the car to my parents, due to high mileage, 122K the value was low. I purchased it brand new and paid it off in 2 years.

The interior was nice and felt like a poor man's Lexus lol.

ITGRAD

Love my Civic!!!
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring and 2015 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my '16 Touring. It is just a great car. The only rattles I have are from the Kicker 12" Sub.

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The funny thing about this car is that it has less power and torque than the Si, but it actually "feels" almost as fast. It doesn't have the same suspension setup (or LSD) but it handles really well. And it's quiet. and it doesn't make any clunking sounds on rough roads.
Is it CVT? That's probably why. FWD manual cars are difficult off the line. Auto is just way easier. I feel like my prior 2014 Accord V6 6 speed gets off the line better (well, easier) than my Type R. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Is it CVT? That's probably why. FWD manual cars are difficult off the line. Auto is just way easier. I feel like my prior 2014 Accord V6 6 speed gets off the line better (well, easier) than my Type R. Lol
That model only comes in CVT

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R just has so much power at the low end when the boost hits that the front wheels have no chance in hell on keeping up with it. I think the Accord's weight lessens the effect of wheelhop/wheelspin so it'll get going sooner but the Type R would eventually blow by it with a head of steam.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Feature-wise, the Touring trim hasn’t changed since 2016. It’s that good. Other than a mild facelift for the sedan/coupe in 2019 and 2020 for the hatch Touring, features remained the same. A manual is added to the 2020 hatch Touring.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
I am looking to replace my daughters 2006 Toyota Camry SE with a newer, more fuel efficient car. Although the Camry at almost 150K is still extremely reliable, it has a 3.3L V6 that averages 22 mpg on a good day. And my 19 year old daughter is a led foot. So I am looking at either a used Corolla or Civic. Yesterday I test drove a 2017 Civic Touring with CVT and 30K on it. It was really nice. I mean really, really nice. So why am I disappointed? Well, because I don't understand why this car has extremely comfortable seats, has very little NVH, is very isolated from the road, good build quality and....NO RATTLES! And my Si had almost none of those except the rattles!

The funny thing about this car is that it has less power and torque than the Si, but it actually "feels" almost as fast. It doesn't have the same suspension setup (or LSD) but it handles really well. And it's quiet. and it doesn't make any clunking sounds on rough roads.

What I am saying is if anything, there was more attention paid in the build quality, from the comfortable leather seats (why can't the Si have leather seats?) to the materials used in the interior, which are definitely better. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised
One is made in America and the other in UK...(Joke)

I think the hatchback make a big difference! ;)

lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
I have a 1st edition ext, built in November 2015, no leather just cloth, the most comfortable seats I've sat in for a car. To me, well built from Indiana. Got 34k and still going strong. Love my car
Sponsored