GMK5321

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M3 - 6MT
Country flag
Just an update for you guys, I am definitely an idiot. I have been trying to get a test drive for the last six months for this car and never once considered trying a used dealership. I called a local Toyota dealer Wednesday that had a 2017 (number 140) for sale with 35,800 miles for $33,000 (I had the cash but no way I’m buying a used car to save $3000 when it’s almost out of warranty.) I set up an appointment to drive it Thursday, no problem. I got out of work and met my girlfriend at the dealer, the car was ready for me with gas and, for the part I didn’t expect at all, the salesman (great guy) handed me the keys and said bring it back in a couple of hours. He literally just let me take the car. I’ve never had that experience before. Anyway, I’m very glad I finally drove one even though I do understand the gripes some of you had when it comes to test drives. I now know I need to have one of these cars. I am going to wait and see the news on the rumored special edition car when swoop in for one of those. A family friend that owns a few Honda dealerships (among other brands) in my area offered to get me one at dealer cost, so that’s cool lol. Thank you so much to the people that suggested trying a used car dealership. You guys were 100% right. Now I’m just excited to be part of the group whenever they finally announce the new 2020 model year. I have my exhaust picked out already (Remus catback.) I hope ~5 months from now I’m on these forums posting pictures.

Edit: ~5 months because that’s when the 2020 is rumored to be announced. Also, sorry about the complaint with the used car and not buying it. I could and would but don’t see the point when the savings is so insignificant for a car with a lot of miles that’s only two years old. Whoever sold it must’ve loved it a lot. They drove the heck out of it.
Sponsored