Test derove Si. Not impressed

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
It's obvious this is a troll thread because my thoughtful and lengthy reply was ignored.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Forget what I think about the car.

I think that I'm so glad I waited on a '19 Si just so I could put down a deposit and get one brand new, because of people like you who push a car in a test drive when it's not broken in yet.

Thank goodness nobody else could fuck up my vehicle beforehand.
Hey, before making such statements about “people like me”, make sure you read my post paying attention to all details: car has been properly warmed on highway, it had around 40mi on it, I didn’t floor neither pushed hard, max i saw on tachometer was 5k. Nothing wrong with with doing it at this mileage. Flooring dead cold engine - bad on any car, new or old.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, before making such statements about “people like me”, make sure you read my post paying attention to all details: car has been properly warmed on highway, it had around 40mi on it, I didn’t floor neither pushed hard, max i saw on tachometer was 5k. Nothing wrong with with doing it at this mileage. Flooring dead cold engine - bad on any car, new or old.
I read the entire thread before making my post, much less dissecting yours.

I kept mine under 3500 RPM for over 1,000 miles, whilst doing everything you did in warming up the car before even getting above 3,000, varying my RPM's, etc. I'm keeping mine for the long haul. I'm now past 3,000 miles, and I bet I've never hit 5k RPM yet or gone past 50% on the throttle.

I'm not blaming you for what you did, after all you're trying to decide whether or not to invest in one. I'm just stating that it's this exact idea that made me glad I got one brand new and not one sitting on the lot for customers to test-drive hard (and not that you did it inappropriately so to speak, but you get my gist).

I wasn't really throwing shade at you. I was just assuring my stance as to why I did what I did, but in a public manner.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I sold my BMW and Bought the Si (as a commuter car). I was a little disappointed at the quality of everything on the Honda compared to BMW, but finally realized its a Honda and the differences arent really comparable. My Honda is easily upgraded with many performance tricks. I have added a few of these, exhaust, air intake, chipped, and I think this car is Fantastic. It is quick and it handles Great. Pushing 300hp, I dont like front wheel drive is the one down fall. But, for the price, ease of upgrades, cost of ownership I am very happy.
300! Nice, do you have a custom tune and flex fuel? What clutch did you go with?

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a civic touring model for a rental for several days and I’d almost say it was faster acceleration wise due to the cvt. The Si is about handling and fun factor. That’s where the real difference is...the LSD in and of itself makes the Si worth it. When the front starts to slide out, point the wheels and hit the gas...absolutely love it!

Oh, and after 15000+ miles I can say 100% gas quality and octane rating does make a very noticeable difference in acceleration on this car.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Forget what I think about the car.

I think that I'm so glad I waited on a '19 Si just so I could put down a deposit and get one brand new, because of people like you who push a car in a test drive when it's not broken in yet.

Thank goodness nobody else could fuck up my vehicle beforehand.
So by your logic, no one should push a car on a test drive and hope for the best?

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I think the fact of the matter is that ALL of the new Civics are very good - so maybe the Si feels less special, compared to the other Civics, than you anticipated? I haven't driven any other Civic than an Si so I'm making this assumption purely through reading reviews and word of mouth.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So by your logic, no one should push a car on a test drive and hope for the best?
Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Perhaps you should read my post between that one and this one.

I never said anything to insult the man. I was stating why I made the decision on getting a brand new vehicle, knowing that people would otherwise push it to the point of improper break-in.

Why am I explaining this twice? My initial post was meant to be a one-and-done. Sorry that is has obviously been misconstrued. The "people like you" was taken the wrong way. If I meant to be cruel, I would have said "dickheads like you."

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, holy shitballs it was hard to get in reverse. I don’t remember this being the case on my hatch even before i swapped the fluid with amsoil
The struggle is real.

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Perhaps you should read my post between that one and this one.

I never said anything to insult the man. I was stating why I made the decision on getting a brand new vehicle, knowing that people would otherwise push it to the point of improper break-in.

Why am I explaining this twice? My initial post was meant to be a one-and-done. Sorry that is has obviously been misconstrued. The "people like you" was taken the wrong way. If I meant to be cruel, I would have said "dickheads like you."
you are acting like a bitch.

thread getting locked in 3....2....1.....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
For those of you looking for better performance out of your Si, but like me want to keep it stock, you have probably already seen my post, but I will repeat it here what I did that made big improvements:

Replaced the OEM mt fluid with Amsoil synthetic Synchromesh ($32)

Replaced the stock air filter with a k&n drop in ($48)

The MT fluid made the transmission smooth and improved shifting and the k&n added a better throttle response. After doing these two things, my driving experience has dramatically improved, I look forward to my daily commute.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
you are acting like a bitch.

thread getting locked in 3....2....1.....
This is ridiculous. I'm only in this thread now to exonerate myself. I have not thrown out a single insult. In fact, so far all I've seen are people telling me I'm not reading full posts and I'm calling insults, when all I've gotten in return is lack of reading comprehension and insults.

Let me reiterate one more time: people can test drive cars the way that they want (or that the dealership would let them); after all, it is a car you are going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on, and you want it to be what you expect without any buyer's remorse. I understand why people like the OP test drive like they do. Heck, the dealer even offered for me to gun it going onto the ramp when I drove it.

I'm just using his post as an anecdote as validation for why I bought mine new. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing insulting, nothing misread. It. Just. Is. Let it go, and free me of being painted as the villain here. If this thread locks, I was not the cause of it.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
This is ridiculous. I'm only in this thread now to exonerate myself. I have not thrown out a single insult. In fact, so far all I've seen are people telling me I'm not reading full posts and I'm calling insults, when all I've gotten in return is lack of reading comprehension and insults.

Let me reiterate one more time: people can test drive cars the way that they want (or that the dealership would let them); after all, it is a car you are going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on, and you want it to be what you expect without any buyer's remorse. I understand why people like the OP test drive like they do. Heck, the dealer even offered for me to gun it going onto the ramp when I drove it.

I'm just using his post as an anecdote as validation for why I bought mine new. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing insulting, nothing misread. It. Just. Is. Let it go, and free me of being painted as the villain here. If this thread locks, I was not the cause of it.
Chill out. Nobody gives a flying fawk. Go watch some superbowl