Test derove Si. Not impressed

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Frankly ... what is the best method of break in ??? I have heard "drive it like you stole it" is a legit break in and results in higher trims since you push the limits and extremes right off ...
No
Read and respect what’s In your manual
Sponsored

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just follow the manual. You will at least feel better knowing that you followed the break-in procedure if something does go wrong.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
During the break in period don't drive it like you stole it obviously. But don't drive it like a slowpoke at one speed either. Over the years I've found that varying your speeds and throttle without any long WOT runs is the best way to break the car in.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
The worst part is it's a guarantee that Honda put 87 Octane in my new car - Correct? Unlike my Mazda Speed 3 which was "required" to be 91 or above ... The Si is "recomended" to be 91 or above. I am waiting until I get to half a tank then refilling with 93... best I can do!

NHWhite2019SI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI sedan, 1997 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
As someone that came from a 2017 Civic EX-T 6MT, I didn’t appreciate what the SI offered until I drove the EX-T for a year. While the EX-T was quick, the SI is in deed faster and being able to take a sweeping corner at 85 mph in the SI (love that LSD) sold me that I made the right choice trading in the EX-T. The stares and thumbs up I get from the SI is intoxicating. Honestly, the only thing I miss from my EX-T is the volume control on the steering wheel being touch sensitive. That ultimately maybe why the OP wasn’t impressed. He/she started with the “filet mignon” when he/she should have started with the “baseball steak” and then tried the SI.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know what's not to like about the Si. I drive a tuned and somewhat tweaked EX-L. And while I'm faster than a stock Si, I have no chance against one in the twisties.

The Si isn't meant to be a straight line champ. It's a balanced machine that excels when things get curvy.

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Do any of you guys have a 2019 Civic Sport with the 2.0L Non-turbo engine? I'm curious as to "where" it was built becuz the 1.5L Turbo in my 2018 HB Sport Manual was built in Thailand and Transmission in India - what about the non-turbo 2.0L engine???

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The 2.0 in the Sport models are built here in Alliston, ON, or in Anna, OH.
Sponsored