Test derove Si. Not impressed

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Soi currently own 6MT hatchback, had it for over 29K now. Was at honda dealer this morning picking up some washers and figured i’ll give Si a try, se what are those 30 more hp about. And to be honest, I couldn’t feep much of the difference. Car had about 40mi on it so i pushed it few times up to 5k but acceleration didn’t feel any faster than on mine. Much lighter clutch pedal and waaaaaaay stiffer shifter (feels more prcise). Other than that - reaply no difference. Oh, really good seats, loved the bolstering. So what do you all think? Was it because car is not broken in yet? Or because of the regular gasolone it had in?
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Soi currently own 6MT hatchback, had it for over 29K now. Was at honda dealer this morning picking up some washers and figured i’ll give Si a try, se what are those 30 more hp about. And to be honest, I couldn’t feep much of the difference. Car had about 40mi on it so i pushed it few times up to 5k but acceleration didn’t feel any faster than on mine. Much lighter clutch pedal and waaaaaaay stiffer shifter (feels more prcise). Other than that - reaply no difference. Oh, really good seats, loved the bolstering. So what do you all think? Was it because car is not broken in yet? Or because of the regular gasolone it had in?
I tested both before getting an SI. Those are the differences I noticed, as well as better acceleration out of curves (woot lsd). Butt dyno didn't really pick up any difference in straight line acceleration. Used my experience with the HB as a bargaining point (different dealer)

Those little things and the better rear seat room are what sold me on si

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 1.5 turbo engine is really, really nice in all the trims it comes in.

That being said, the 0-60 numbers don't like.

That and the handling characteristics of the Si are far superior to any of the "lower" trims.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I tested both before getting an SI. Those are the differences I noticed, as well as better acceleration out of curves (woot lsd). Butt dyno didn't really pick up any difference in straight line acceleration. Used my experience with the HB as a bargaining point (different dealer)

Those little things and the better rear seat room are what sold me on si
Yeah, that makes sense. But do you also find the shifter being different on Si as far as presicion and accuracy goes? I basically drove to cars back to back and the difference is pretty dramatic. Almost to the point where i wanna buy some acuity parts to upgrade mine hehe

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, that makes sense. But do you also find the shifter being different on Si as far as presicion and accuracy goes? I basically drove to cars back to back and the difference is pretty dramatic. Almost to the point where i wanna buy some acuity parts to upgrade mine hehe
It's been a while so I don't remember specifically lolol

I remember that driving Si just felt right

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I was originally in the market for the sport with 6 speed MT, ended up buying the Si due to more hp, limited slip diff and better suspension. Plus I wanted a 4door. You do lose power if you don't use 91 octane. Once you break it in, it gets much better. Both cars are great buys, the Si is better if you are one of those who like to tune

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, you probably wouldnt notice much of a difference in straight line performance... its the adaptive dampers, lsd, brakes, and overall suspension tuning that make it stand out. Push it through some turns and come out heavy on the throttle...

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the si is better in every way. thats about it.

OP
OP

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
DId you put it in sport mode?
Yup. Got it warmed first then sport mode and pushed a bit. I asked it was filled up with premium ans salesman said it was regular. Could be why it felt so underpowered

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yup. Got it warmed first then sport mode and pushed a bit. I asked it was filled up with premium ans salesman said it was regular. Could be why it felt so underpowered
Requires premium gas. The ECU will bring the HP and torque down on regular unleaded. One of the downsides, more expensive gas, especially if you live in California