SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Naw I am still going to thru them on I am getting them for them free just have to repair them. They are a little lighter than stock so it’s cool. Do you still have the link to the lug nuts you used?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262195316922
I used these when utilizing the hydro dipped faux CF covers (in the photos), and the Ray's 'Dura Lugs' using the standard center caps.
Sponsored

Bruce_the_si

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Upon closer scrutiny of the Tesla Model 3 wheels, I found out some interesting facts. Ever since the Model 3 owners started discovering the wheels that lie hidden beneath the flat 'Aero cover', I have been on a mission to find out if I could make them work on my 2017 Civic STH.
They are 5x114.3 pcd, so no issues there. They are also 64.1 mm centerbore, so hey! Honda centerbore! The only thing that had me questioning the fitment was the lug size that Tesla uses is, 14x1.5, whereas Honda is 12x1.5
So, in order to fill the extra space in the lug recess, I had to figure out a very wide base lugnut that would work with an OEM wheel. This proved to be challenging untill I realized that I was looking at the wheel as an OEM, and not 'after market'. Once I thought of it from this prospective, it became an easy hurdle. I found out that lugs that were 23-25mm (Volk Dura-Lug) had both the width and proper 60° base profile to work correctly. The only other question was conflict with the front brake caliper parts. The Tesla wheels are designed to clear their pretty large "Brembo-like" front calipers because the spoke profile allows for maximum clearance at the larger brake rotors diameter, but not close in towards the hub.
Purchased one wheel from a refurbishment house, and gave her a try. The clearance was very minimal (maybe 1.5-1.8 mm) but that is enough.
So, after trying various combinations of center caps, I have finally settled on this set up.
Wheels were $182 and change each from Tobacco Road on eBay. Specs are as follows: 18x8.5", 40mm
IMG_20200201_154138288.jpg
IMG_20200131_170035514.jpg

IMG_20200120_121500651.jpg
View attachment 197294

IMG_20200119_205347642.jpg
did you have to put that center cap or can you use the honda oem?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are like 600-700 a set with tires in certain area. Cheaper than buying a set of new tires. Also looks pretty decent with these snazzy hubcaps. Tires are 235/45/18 (+4% from factory). Will definitely get a set when the factory tires wear out.

Photo is GIMPed:

Honda Civic 10th gen Tesla wheels fit! IMG_0588-with-aero-wheels-2

gohan-sae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262195316922
I used these when utilizing the hydro dipped faux CF covers (in the photos), and the Ray's 'Dura Lugs' using the standard center caps.
Hi, I know this was posted quite a while ago, but how well did those lugs from “the lug nut guys” work with the tesla wheels? Also, are you able to utilize the faux CF covers with ray’s dura lugs? I just recently purchased some tesla wheels for cheap and am planning to run them on my civic x sedan.

Thanks!

OP
OP
SonicBreezerST160

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi, I know this was posted quite a while ago, but how well did those lugs from “the lug nut guys” work with the tesla wheels? Also, are you able to utilize the faux CF covers with ray’s dura lugs? I just recently purchased some tesla wheels for cheap and am planning to run them on my civic x sedan.

Thanks!
You won't be able to run the Rays Dura Lugs with the covers, as they stick out too far from the seat. The lugs I bought from the 'Lug nut guys' worked perfectly. My Tesla wheels are getting powder coated, and will be my permanent winter tire set up. I will run them with the Rays lugs from now on, so the covers and open lugs won't be needed anymore.
You will like the Tesla setup, as having the hub centricity is a big plus.??

gohan-sae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
You won't be able to run the Rays Dura Lugs with the covers, as they stick out too far from the seat. The lugs I bought from the 'Lug nut guys' worked perfectly. My Tesla wheels are getting powder coated, and will be my permanent winter tire set up. I will run them with the Rays lugs from now on, so the covers and open lugs won't be needed anymore.
You will like the Tesla setup, as having the hub centricity is a big plus.??
just wanted to update ya, got them on my 2017 Civic EX-T. Am currently running 235/40 R18(Toyo extensa HPII) with the dura lugs like yours. I had a hard time trying to find blank center caps that fit, just ordered some on ebay and hopefully they’ll work haha. The wheels look GREAT on the car though, thank you for providing the info!
Honda Civic 10th gen Tesla wheels fit! D322A141-B899-4E82-BE29-87637D530805

Getty6556

First Name
Getty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe Ex 19
Country flag
I have them on my car
Do you have any link to get the same spec as you thanks

Getty6556

First Name
Getty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic coupe Ex 19
Country flag
can you send me a link for those lug nut pls thanks
just wanted to update ya, got them on my 2017 Civic EX-T. Am currently running 235/40 R18(Toyo extensa HPII) with the dura lugs like yours. I had a hard time trying to find blank center caps that fit, just ordered some on ebay and hopefully they’ll work haha. The wheels look GREAT on the car though, thank you for providing the info!
D322A141-B899-4E82-BE29-87637D530805.jpeg

chrisbeezyy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX sedan (MT)
Country flag
Just wanted to come in here and say OP’s post is the reason I bought some Tesla wheels haha. Lowered on Eibach Sportlines with 225/40/18 tires and I think it looks great! Could have gone 235/40 to be more true to wheel speed but the shop was out of stock. Also, I went with some Muteki open ended lug nuts. They seem a bit long but the aero covers still fit even for how long they are. Thank you to OP for being one of the first to do it!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Tesla wheels fit! 92C6719C-A470-4CDD-87EE-CBB1D20403E2

OP
OP
SonicBreezerST160

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just wanted to come in here and say OP’s post is the reason I bought some Tesla wheels haha. Lowered on Eibach Sportlines with 225/40/18 tires and I think it looks great! Could have gone 235/40 to be more true to wheel speed but the shop was out of stock. Also, I went with some Muteki open ended lug nuts. They seem a bit long but the aero covers still fit even for how long they are. Thank you to OP for being one of the first to do it!!

92C6719C-A470-4CDD-87EE-CBB1D20403E2.jpeg
Looks good! These wheels look very aggressive rolling as well! The fact that they were hub centric (64.1 center bore) was a huge plus for me. I'm glad I pursued the possibility that they would work well on our 10th Gen Civics.?