Temp tag set to expire, no registration yet

• Thread starter Deleted member
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member

Dealership dropped the ball. Temp tag is about to expire, still haven't received registration. Bought the car in NJ, but NY resident. Claimed they can't issue another temp plate to a non-resident. Also claim they're looking into it. This is my only car, and I don't have a driveway. Work has already prepared for me to work from home.

What are my options?
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealership dropped the ball. Temp tag is about to expire, still haven't received registration. Bought the car in NJ, but NY resident. Claimed they can't issue another temp plate to a non-resident. Also claim they're looking into it. This is my only car, and I don't have a driveway. Work has already prepared for me to work from home.

What are my options?
Go to NY DMV. They should be able to issue temp driving permit if all taxes are paid and they can check that on the computer. Bring a copy of your buyer’s order.

OP
OP

Deleted member

Go to NY DMV. They should be able to issue temp driving permit if all taxes are paid and they can check that on the computer. Bring a copy of your buyer’s order.
Dealership finally got me an answer. The registration is at their other location. Who knows how long it's been there.
Sponsored