Temp gauge all the way up after disconnecting battery

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
So today I installed the clutchmasters fx350 on my 17 civic Ex-T, and had the battery disconnected for installation. After connecting the battery and starting the car, the temp gauge immediatey went all the way up and displayed the warning to turn the car off because its too hot (Car had been sitting for 8 hours while I was installing the clutch. No way it would have been warm at all). Power steering/brake/and cel lights are all on as well which seems normal after a battery disconnect, but even after driving about 25 miles, the temp gauge never reset itself or backed down. Anyone have an idea as to what this could be? Thanks!
Sponsored

jeb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LX Hatch 6MT, 15 Forester Limited w/tech
Country flag
New to this site... clutch kit eh? Well you must have a sensor unplugged, plugged in wrong, or damaged. Check your work again. Make sure all the connectors are plugged in and seated fully. Get those codes read too, might give you a clue to what is causing all the issue, other wise you’re just doing a visual inspection which coul leave you with an expensive trip to the dealer.