Country flag

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow! I sure wouldn't have guessed someone would make a head unit like that for our cars! Looks like a fair amount of work to install an aftermarket radio that's wayyy different than most conventional radios. As quirky as the factory unit is with all the information that runs through it, I would be very nervous that installing this would just create more problems. I personally don't really like the look of it either o_O I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but I don't plan on putting this on my upgrade list lol

OP
OP
Silver17Fk7

Silver17Fk7

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, 2001 Honda Civic, 2015 Honda Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow! I sure wouldn't have guessed someone would make a head unit like that for our cars! Looks like a fair amount of work to install an aftermarket radio that's wayyy different than most conventional radios. As quirky as the factory unit is with all the information that runs through it, I would be very nervous that installing this would just create more problems. I personally don't really like the look of it either o_O I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but I don't plan on putting this on my upgrade list lol
From everything that the seller who makes these has told me its direct plug and play. comes with all wires needed and no splicing or soldering required. Pretty niffty stuff. There is one person other then the seller on the facebook page that has it and says he loves it. hes has a 17 sport hatch and took only an hour to put in. only downfall he said was having to relocate the passenger airbag status light to under the headunit itself. im really resisting buying it just because i am not sure on it yet. but it sure is damn pretty to me and cheaper then the pioneer 4100 nex with all the cables at the moment...

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it sure is damn pretty to me and cheaper then the pioneer 4100 nex with all the cables at the moment...
Thats very true. I hope I'm wrong and it actually turns out to be a good head unit! I sadly realized that the problem with owning a new car is that there aren't a lot of mods yet and everyone, including myself, are hesitant to do any serious changes to the car. Time will tell if it's worth the money or better yet, maybe there will be something else come out that you like better!

OP
OP
Silver17Fk7

Silver17Fk7

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats very true. I hope I'm wrong and it actually turns out to be a good head unit! I sadly realized that the problem with owning a new car is that there aren't a lot of mods yet and everyone, including myself, are hesitant to do any serious changes to the car. Time will tell if it's worth the money or better yet, maybe there will be something else come out that you like better!
exactly, i have had an em2 civic since day one way back in 2001 and i am just getting antsy for parts. i had to sit through it back in the day and will have too again i suppose :thumbsdown:

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
exactly, i have had an em2 civic since day one way back in 2001 and i am just getting antsy for parts. i had to sit through it back in the day and will have too again i suppose :thumbsdown:
Ha! I actually had an '02 Civic a few years ago myself! I really liked that body style and everything was still pretty simple too! I tell everyone that the only thing the new Civic carries from any older version is the name. There's nothing similar between these and the early 2000's! lol

lopperman

Honda Convert
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't support right turn camera or XM radio. They say 'yet', but I can't live without SXM Channel 100!

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they can support the side view camera I'd get it for sure. I use it all the time and couldn't go back to not having it.

OP
OP
Silver17Fk7

Silver17Fk7

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't support right turn camera or XM radio. They say 'yet', but I can't live without SXM Channel 100!
yes this is very new and im sure will be added later, but may require another connection....

OP
OP
Silver17Fk7

Silver17Fk7

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they can support the side view camera I'd get it for sure. I use it all the time and couldn't go back to not having it.
dont have it on mine but it is a must if you are used to having it.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice unit. But where do the climate control dials and buttons go? No satellite radio and side camera would suck.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is very interesting. I certainly would not be the one to try it but I look forward to seeing the results of someone else's trial. :)

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag

Deep

First Name
Deepam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
Looks cool, but I know with EX+ trims the headunit controls a bunch of setting of the car such as the walk away lock, trip meters, and editing the instrument panel. I don't think the aftermarket headunit would be worth it if it can't.
Sponsored