groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have a 17 hatchback basis street z coilover. Its super bouncy on bumps kind almost undrivable with these small bumps. My stock suspension could handle these bumps easily. Should I raise the car more to get it less bumpy. I would say its one finger from the top of the tire to the trim of the fender not sure of exact size.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Street basis z bumpy 1620545227679

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Street basis z bumpy 1620545228412

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Did you make sure the springs had pre Load on them ? Raising the car ain’t gonna change the bumpyness

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Did you make sure the springs had pre Load on them ? Raising the car ain’t gonna change the bumpyness
not sure I had a shop install them for me. Should it be more preload less bumpy or less preload less bumpy? what should i tell the shop to do to decrease the bumpyness.

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Or does it have to do with the spring rate?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
More preload should be less bouncy

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Thanks bro and someone else told me that I should give the coilovers at least 500 miles on it for it to settle. But if it not good by then I will definitely consider the increasing preload option.

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Also I found out that my Tein street basis z does not have a preload adjustment option. However, I heard that if I follow TEIN recommended adjustment for height I believe, it should make the drive better. This coilover unfortunately the height affects the preload to my understanding. I’m also starting to hear Spring bind when I turn steering wheel.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also I found out that my Tein street basis z does not have a preload adjustment option. However, I heard that if I follow TEIN recommended adjustment for height I believe, it should make the drive better. This coilover unfortunately the height affects the preload to my understanding. I’m also starting to hear Spring bind when I turn steering wheel.
All coil overs should come preloaded already that’s why I always check it when I get some I make sure the spring doesn’t move when the coil overs is off the car

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
All coil overs should come preloaded already that’s why I always check it when I get some I make sure the spring doesn’t move when the coil overs is off the car
Went to the shop today, they drove it around and checked the coilovers said everything seems to be okay that how my coilovers supposed to be. However, they told me I should go for lowering springs and back to stock suspension it will give me better results on bumps. These coilovers are getting annoying as a daily driver.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went to the shop today, they drove it around and checked the coilovers said everything seems to be okay that how my coilovers supposed to be. However, they told me I should go for lowering springs and back to stock suspension it will give me better results on bumps. These coilovers are getting annoying as a daily driver.
You just have to find the right setting for you, you need to adjust the damping on it

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You just have to find the right setting for you, you need to adjust the damping on it
Yea I’m thinking of changing these coilovers maybe getting a different one were you could adjust the damping on it. This one has set damper so you can’t even change it. It only height you can change. Anyone you can suggest under 1k?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I’m thinking of changing these coilovers maybe getting a different one were you could adjust the damping on it. This one has set damper so you can’t even change it. It only height you can change. Anyone you can suggest under 1k?
I would go for BC coil overs

Matej

First Name
Matej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 turbo hatchback
Country flag
Hello Did you change the coilovers ?
I am thinking of getting the tein street basic but after reading your experience i am bit worried :)

OP
OP
groundon000

groundon000

First Name
Evnul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hello Did you change the coilovers ?
I am thinking of getting the tein street basic but after reading your experience i am bit worried :)
Hey man do not get the basics. I think they’re ment for straight straight roads. Even then still felt bumpy. Go for the higher models of Tein that are I think worth 1000$ that are adjustable . I ended up going back stock and regretted putting these coilovers on. I don’t own a civic no more too.

Matej

First Name
Matej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 turbo hatchback
Country flag
Ok cool thank you for you reply . Much appreciated
Sponsored