Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs - My Take

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't seen too many threads for these lowering springs, so I thought I would give you all my impressions so you can make a more informed buying decision.

I decided to buy them off eBay, and that seems to have been the right choice. Other websites will say they have the item in stock, but then they end up shipping from the manufacturer and you're waiting weeks. Took under a week to receive my springs. I made sure and inspected the springs upon arrival, since I have heard of fake Tein S-Tech's circulating on eBay. These springs were definitely the real deal. I also ordered Godspeed rear camber arms(that were absolutely needed for this drop) from eBay.

I had them installed by a performance shop that had experience with this kind of job. I was charged $400 to install the springs and camber arms. I made sure that the shop knew about the potential issues when installing the fronts, so no damage was done. However, I found out afterwards that they did not trim the bump stops. At first I was nervous, thinking that I would be hitting the bump stops constantly, but that hasn't been an issue at all.

I haven't had any experience with any other springs/coilovers, but I have to say this setup is fantastic. The ride is pretty much the same as stock, but the car is much more planted now. There's less body roll, and you feel more in control of the car. I haven't hit the bump stops once, and I haven't had any issues with scraping/rubbing so far, however you definitely need to go over bumps with caution.

Overall, this is one of the best upgrades I've done to my car so far, about the same as getting aftermarket wheels/tires installed. You will definitely feel the difference in handling, even with stock shocks/struts. I plan to replace the stock shocks/struts with Tein OEM replacements once these wear out. But for now, this combo is working perfectly. For reference, I installed these at roughly 60k miles(mostly highway). Here are some before and after pics:

Before:
Honda Civic 10th gen Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs - My Take IMG_20190303_102523

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs - My Take IMG_20190303_102645__01

After:
Honda Civic 10th gen Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs - My Take IMG_20190414_145714

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs - My Take IMG_20190414_145158

Jpdots_poink

GrayGooseFk7
First Name
John Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic sport hatchback 2020, honda crv ex 2019
Country flag
Thanks for this! Do you really have to get camber arms for this? Why so? I’ve seen a lot of people has d2 springs which is way lower at 2” drop without putting any camber kit. Just the springs. Any basis for this needing camber arms? Thanks!! Planning to get this one or the sportline

Jrm51587

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I haven't seen too many threads for these lowering springs, so I thought I would give you all my impressions so you can make a more informed buying decision.

I decided to buy them off eBay, and that seems to have been the right choice. Other websites will say they have the item in stock, but then they end up shipping from the manufacturer and you're waiting weeks. Took under a week to receive my springs. I made sure and inspected the springs upon arrival, since I have heard of fake Tein S-Tech's circulating on eBay. These springs were definitely the real deal. I also ordered Godspeed rear camber arms(that were absolutely needed for this drop) from eBay.

I had them installed by a performance shop that had experience with this kind of job. I was charged $400 to install the springs and camber arms. I made sure that the shop knew about the potential issues when installing the fronts, so no damage was done. However, I found out afterwards that they did not trim the bump stops. At first I was nervous, thinking that I would be hitting the bump stops constantly, but that hasn't been an issue at all.

I haven't had any experience with any other springs/coilovers, but I have to say this setup is fantastic. The ride is pretty much the same as stock, but the car is much more planted now. There's less body roll, and you feel more in control of the car. I haven't hit the bump stops once, and I haven't had any issues with scraping/rubbing so far, however you definitely need to go over bumps with caution.

Overall, this is one of the best upgrades I've done to my car so far, about the same as getting aftermarket wheels/tires installed. You will definitely feel the difference in handling, even with stock shocks/struts. I plan to replace the stock shocks/struts with Tein OEM replacements once these wear out. But for now, this combo is working perfectly. For reference, I installed these at roughly 60k miles(mostly highway). Here are some before and after pics:

Before:
IMG_20190303_102523.jpg

IMG_20190303_102645__01.jpg

After:
IMG_20190414_145714.jpg

IMG_20190414_145158.jpg
Do you have more of a straight side view of the car?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
But for now, this combo is working perfectly. For reference, I installed these at roughly 60k miles(mostly highway).
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I’m installing these springs this weekend and wondering if yours settled after installing (or in the year and half you’ve had them on)? Would you happen to have the camber reading after the springs? Just trying to figure out roughly where to set front camber before I drive it to get aligned. Thanks in advance.

PeakH

First Name
Peakdey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring (Grey)
Country flag

Before:
IMG_20190303_102523.jpg

IMG_20190303_102645__01.jpg

After:
IMG_20190414_145714.jpg

IMG_20190414_145158.jpg
whats your wheel size and tire set up? because your setup looks exactly how imagined my car would look like :) please help