Not open for further replies.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
look at the picture, you’ll get it one day.

Honda Civic 10th gen TEIN Flex Z for the FK7 - Issues 1681805475172
Sponsored

OP
OP
Crough

Crough

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
look at the picture, you’ll get it one day.

1681805475172.png
Again;

You see the spring in that picture, right? And you see the frame, right?

Please list each item between them.

Once you list each item, I'll be happy to continue this discussion with you :)

ofrie32

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Yes, mostly.

There were two main issues with the rears. I haven't figured out the clicking in the front yet.

With regard to the rears, after about a year of reinstalling and tinkering with different settings and prolonged correspondence with TEIN, I sent the coilovers back to TEIN because they couldn't remotely diagnose or remedy the issue.

It turned out that the rear dampers were defective and were blown -- probably from the factory, because I had between 5-7k miles on them only and they were making those noises from the get-go and continuously throughout the time that I owned them.

TEIN rebuilt them for me, but I had to pay for shipping to and from SoCal which was around $60.

Second, in the installation instructions, TEIN "recommends" that you use 3M tape between the spring and the body when installing -- the stock shocks and other kits have a rubber gasket that sits between the spring and the frame of the vehicle, but the TEIN Flez Z does not. This can cause some noise, of course. The problem is that while they "recommend" that you use 3M tape during the install, they don't provide said 3M tape.

So, once I;

1) installed the rebuilt dampers
2) with 3M tape that I was not provided to me when I bought the product, although it is recommended by TEIN

Now the rear suspension rides perfectly and makes no noise.

The front still clicks, however. For me, it's only specifically the front right. I haven't been able to figure out why but I am still working on it.
Thanks for the update!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.