First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone running a set of Tein Flex Z coilovers on a sedan? How comfortable are they over bumps? How low did you go? And do you rub on your wheel and tire set up?
Sponsored

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone running a set of Tein Flex Z coilovers on a sedan? How comfortable are they over bumps? How low did you go? And do you rub on your wheel and tire set up?
I’m running flex Z’s, and it’s as low as I want to go but can definitely be at least 1.5-2 inches lower. The top of my 19” tires are just tucked. No rubbing, no fender roll or body modifications.

comfort is debatable. I run the adjustable at near max firmness. Obviously I feel every imperfection in the road a lot more. I also get a popping sound when going over bumps at an angle at low speed (under 25) coming from the back. Me and my shop guy could never figure out the noise and see no problems, so I just live with it.

supreme604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Running 18x9 +30 offset with stock goodyears and have had no rubbing (the tires are stretched a tiny bit). No fender rolling needed either. The wheels on stock suspension poke out quite a bit but w the coils tucked perfectly with camber (cambers not very noticeable).

Lowered it only about 2 fingers worth but can definetely be lowered another 2-3 fingers. Had the stiffness set 3/4 to stiff and felt every single bump on the road and speedbumps sucked, adjusted it to a softer setting for city driving and rides a bit better than stock imo. I also get a weird sound like above but can't figure out the problem so I assume they're regular for the teins, not a big deal.
Sponsored