Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Anyone have any experience running the Tein Flex A Coilovers on their FK8? If so, how do you like them? I am interested in the 8k spring rates and the idea of being able to incorporate EDFC.

I used to have them on a S-chassis for several years and thought the quality and ride was good.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Well, I was tired of the under dampened feeling of lowering springs and wanted my car a touch lower so I went ahead and ordered them. Iā€™ll update this thread with my opinions on them once I have time to install them.

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
In case anyone is considering them: I ordered them from lgcracing.com for about $100 cheaper than I could find anywhere else and they came in less than a week.

As with all of the other Tein products I have had, the quality is great. Iā€™m super happy that the error cancelers are included.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers BDF65A28-3FEA-4A3C-A976-C206CFA2D7B4

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers D6874D60-605F-43DA-B8D2-DC7387946BC8

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers DC60F999-3E53-4775-BBD7-D3D7F7B50F5E

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers E5FB0C0C-D8AC-4778-A56A-07544AABFD68

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers EAD2EF49-4640-43A7-8961-B6A1C0ECEE82

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Looks nice. Curious to see how they ride on the streets. Please report back when you can!
Will do!

Iā€™m hoping the ride is decent since my fk8 is my dad car haha. I chose these because they are twin tube designed which is supposed to be less harsh when compared to the mono tube used for most other coilovers.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In case anyone is considering them: I ordered them from lgcracing.com for about $100 cheaper than I could find anywhere else and they came in less than a week.

As with all of the other Tein products I have had, the quality is great. Iā€™m super happy that the error cancelers are included.

BDF65A28-3FEA-4A3C-A976-C206CFA2D7B4.jpeg

D6874D60-605F-43DA-B8D2-DC7387946BC8.jpeg

DC60F999-3E53-4775-BBD7-D3D7F7B50F5E.jpeg

E5FB0C0C-D8AC-4778-A56A-07544AABFD68.jpeg

EAD2EF49-4640-43A7-8961-B6A1C0ECEE82.jpeg
Yeah, baby! ??

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will do!

Iā€™m hoping the ride is decent since my fk8 is my dad car haha. I chose these because they are twin tube designed which is supposed to be less harsh when compared to the mono tube used for most other coilovers.
They will be, especially with the damper settings. My setting are 3 back from full hard on the fronts, and 6 back from full hard on the rears. 10 back on both F/R should be a nice balance.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
personally not a fan of flex. Not because of their quality but i dont think they provide any upgrade to the stock damper/swift set up on the CTR.

if i was to go tein, id get the mono racing (actually been tempted to the past few weeks ....) but it looks like you are looking more into a better ride and to adjust height so the flexs would do a better job in that case. Flexs are on the comfortable side for being coilovers.

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Are you also going to order the EDFC? It sure would make adjusting the rears easier.
I am not currently planning on running an EDFC. I will probably leave the rears somewhere in the middle and just adjust the fronts for daily driving/canyons. If the rear is too harsh for my kids then I will soften it up and reconsider.

personally not a fan of flex. Not because of their quality but i dont think they provide any upgrade to the stock damper/swift set up on the CTR.

if i was to go tein, id get the mono racing (actually been tempted to the past few weeks ....) but it looks like you are looking more into a better ride and to adjust height so the flexs would do a better job in that case. Flexs are on the comfortable side for being coilovers.
Yeap, those are all reasons why I chose the flex A. My current RSR spring setup is okay but sometime feels under dampened in sport and comfort mode which leaves me not wanting to drive the car in those settings. I prefer the throttle map and steering feel of comfort mode when cruising around town so hopefully I can use that more after I put the coilovers on.

I already have a fun/ track car (an s-chassis actually =D)with heim joints and stiff suspension so this car needs to maintain a comfortable street car feeling so my kids and wife donā€™t hate it.

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
I had the chance to install the coilovers this weekend.

Installation : Removing the front struts was the usual headache but since the coilover is significantly shorter, installation was super easy. For the rear I had to remove the fender liner so I could remove the OEM strut. I thought it was cool the Tein rears have tabs to clip the error canceller wiring to, even though they arenā€™t in the same location as the OEM ones. Each strut is clearly labeled for the front/back and left or right. No weird lights or warnings since the error cancellers are included. Cool.

Ride: I only have about 20 miles on them so far but the ride is pretty great. The stiffness is similar to the +R setting, which is completely bearable. I had my 3.5 year old daughters in the back and they didnā€™t mention the car being bumpy so that was definitely a plus. Iā€™m super happy that I can drive around in comfort mode and not have the under dampened feeling of my old spring/ shock combo Iā€™ll continue to update after I get the car aligned and put on some more miles.

Pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers 0CC430F4-564F-44EE-9AEB-EFC0036DFC44

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers DB8CD07C-EFDA-406C-A78F-1D14713EC393

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers F8F59ED0-BBCF-419B-83D0-2157A36D50C7

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers 99B6DD81-568F-4ED0-8A71-69058ABC4FD8

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I had the chance to install the coilovers this weekend.

Installation : Removing the front struts was the usual headache but since the coilover is significantly shorter, installation was super easy. For the rear I had to remove the fender liner so I could remove the OEM strut. I thought it was cool the Tein rears have tabs to clip the error canceller wiring to, even though they arenā€™t in the same location as the OEM ones. Each strut is clearly labeled for the front/back and left or right. No weird lights or warnings since the error cancellers are included. Cool.

Ride: I only have about 20 miles on them so far but the ride is pretty great. The stiffness is similar to the +R setting, which is completely bearable. I had my 3.5 year old daughters in the back and they didnā€™t mention the car being bumpy so that was definitely a plus. Iā€™m super happy that I can drive around in comfort mode and not have the under dampened feeling of my old spring/ shock combo Iā€™ll continue to update after I get the car aligned and put on some more miles.

Pictures:
Was height already adjusted for you? Did you pull the front belly pan to remove the front LCA to pull the oem struts/springs?

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Was height already adjusted for you? Did you pull the front belly pan to remove the front LCA to pull the oem struts/springs?
I did not adjust the fronts and installed as is. The spring perches for the rears were set to the lowest setting so I did raise it an inch or so. See the picture below before raising the car ? .

I did NOT remove the front pan or loosen the LCA bolts this time. I followed @02SilverSiHB ā€˜s recommendation. The only difference is I had to remove the air deflector and one of the bolts to the stabilizer.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers E7BA9386-D3DA-4DB2-AD10-63425E612755
Sponsored