Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Looking forward to your long term impressions. I'm on Spoon springs now and am sometimes tempted for a coilover setup for the fine tune in ride height. My R is also my dad car/only car so ride comfort is also really important.
Sponsored

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I did not adjust the fronts and installed as is. The spring perches for the rears were set to the lowest setting so I did raise it an inch or so. See the picture below before raising the car ? .

I did NOT remove the front pan or loosen the LCA bolts this time. I followed @02SilverSiHB ā€˜s recommendation. The only difference is I had to remove the air deflector and one of the bolts to the stabilizer.
Thanks for the information - where can I find his recommendation?

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
2000 mile update: Still enjoying this as a daily setup. They are a little louder than the OEM stuff but no excessively loud clunks or anything like that. I ended up adjusting the fronts to the stiffest setting to avoid rubbing as much as possible but the car still drives great. Car still feels about the same as far as canyon driving goes.

My wife and daughters still fall asleep in the car so the ride must be decent ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers 8AD5550B-AFB6-4C07-A70E-F814F8B69A2F

Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers 9FF3F40E-5E1F-4A90-A0F5-5C38FF2EFD14

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
From the pics you posted pre install, it looks like camber can be adjusted at the top? Is that correct?
@Frantic_FK8
That is correct. They do allow for front camber adjustment using the top hat.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Stoked about this review as I have a set of these on the way. Would you say you're about 1.5" lowered? Looks great

OP
OP
Frantic_FK8

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
Stoked about this review as I have a set of these on the way. Would you say you're about 1.5" lowered? Looks great
Awesome. Let me know what you think of them! Iā€™m probably closer to 1.25ā€ .

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome. Let me know what you think of them! Iā€™m probably closer to 1.25ā€ .
Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers IMG_6453.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers 64883110995__B0E3E550-4B0E-498B-8E10-C3163685B9B5.JPG
Just got these in from Evasive Motorsports dropped off not even an hour ago. Super stoked to get these on and my Advan GT's :love:. I saw you installed these in without adjusting the front. I think I'll be doing the same as your front looks solid as hell. I need to look if Tein sells the extension knobs for the rear damping adjustment. I had them on my TSX when I was rocking a set of Tein Flex's. Does anyone know if the top of the tube is accessible from the interior?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not without modification to the body.
I haven't got a chance to get underneath it or in the wheel well to check it out. Before all I had to do was drill a hole into a seat panel to put the extender in. For this platform are you saying you have to drill through more (metal, more interior panels, etc)?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't got a chance to get underneath it or in the wheel well to check it out. Before all I had to do was drill a hole into a seat panel to put the extender in. For this platform are you saying you have to drill through more (metal, more interior panels, etc)?
As far as I know, yes, the upper shock mounts.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers IMG_2571.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen Tein Flex Coilovers IMG_2562

It's a start! Height as is right out of the box. Could bring the front down 0.5" though. Feels a lot better than the stock suspension in R mode imo. R mode felt gimmicky and improperly damped, but sport was perfect. Damping adjustments so far are right in the middle for all knobs. On Advan GT Premium 18x9.5 +38 with 255/35 Continentals.