Technical Service Bulletin TSB FIX for 2016 Civic Audio Issues

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Hi
I have a civic touring and got it on Dec 3. I have the no music issue probably 3-4times and goes away as soon as I press the speak button. But it comes, so its an issue. I was wondering is this update is coming to Canada as well?? I called my dealer and they don't have any clue so far. Please let me know if you guys have any about update coming to Canada? Thanks
Sponsored

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't imagine this not being issued in Canada. The majority of Canadian production goes State side. I have a part for my navigation system due in a week or two. Will certainly ask for this update while its in the shop.

Mistahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GS350, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Accord Touring
This fix is specific to the amplifier that is specific to the Touring. EX-T not subject to this problem/fix because it doesn't have the affected amplifier.
Uh oh. The EX-T isn't covered in this problem/fix? When do we expect them to release a fix for the EX-T then? I have the same problem that is in the OP. Car will start with muted audio on bluetooth/pandora. Sound also decreases significantly when I connect to android auto

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Uh oh. The EX-T isn't covered in this problem/fix? When do we expect them to release a fix for the EX-T then? I have the same problem that is in the OP. Car will start with muted audio on bluetooth/pandora. Sound also decreases significantly when I connect to android auto
You work at Honda, shouldn't you be able to find this out?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
You work at Honda, shouldn't you be able to find this out?
Working at a dealer and working at Honda are way different things. Bet he can't get any straighter answer from Honda about infotainment bugs than any other owner. Although he probably can check, or get someone at his store to check, IN VIN.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Working at a dealer and working at Honda are way different things. Bet he can't get any straighter answer from Honda about infotainment bugs than any other owner.
People here that don't work for Honda or a Honda dealer are getting access to the TSB's
The service manager at my Honda dealer had not even seen that yet

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe he hadn't checked his email?
Nope, cuz I was emailing back and forth with him yesterday, he's on top of his email

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring , others
I am in NW burbs of Chicago. Bob Rohrman in Schaumburg service does NOT have the USB (Tool# 07AAZ-FC1A100) yet neither does MotorWorks of Barrington. Be SURE to mention that tool number, because they may get it confused with another update.

Both dealers told me possibly by next week - but they do NOT have the USB yet.

Interestingly, the TSB says the update is available for purchase, so I asked one of the above, and they said yes, I could purchase it once it was released. $20.00 USD.

Is anyone else thinking of making an image of it and possibly making it available for download?

Aircooled

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am in NW burbs of Chicago. Bob Rohrman in Schaumburg service does NOT have the USB (Tool# 07AAZ-FC1A100) yet neither does MotorWorks of Barrington. Be SURE to mention that tool number, because they may get it confused with another update.

Both dealers told me possibly by next week - but they do NOT have the USB yet.

Interestingly, the TSB says the update is available for purchase, so I asked one of the above, and they said yes, I could purchase it once it was released. $20.00 USD.

Is anyone else thinking of making an image of it and possibly making it available for download?

Aircooled
But why purchase it if Honda dealers will do the update at no charge?

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess my suggestion was for the ease of offering the USB via download. No need to drop your car off and wait etc... (I'd likely spring for the $20 to make it easier on 200 Honda CivicX lovers....)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Either way, if someone can image the USB and make it available for people to do it at home, that'd be greatly appreciated :)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess my suggestion was for the ease of offering the USB via download. No need to drop your car off and wait etc... (I'd likely spring for the $20 to make it easier on 200 Honda CivicX lovers....)
And you'd get many thanks for doing that :thumbsup:

theevanshow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius, 2016 Civic Touring
That is *not* the same issue.

AirCooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok self-review question - how do I check what version of the AMP software that I have, it's been a few weeks since I've been in the menus....(Holidays etc) and I have forgotten...

THanks..

Honda Civic 10th gen Technical Service Bulletin TSB FIX for 2016 Civic Audio Issues upload_2016-1-9_12-15-46
Sponsored