Technical Service Bulletin TSB FIX for 2016 Civic Audio Issues

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Wait, what? They will admit there is a bluetooth audio skipping issue? No way.

CiviOne0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Infiniti G37 2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I only have a Civic EX, but I'm being told by the dealership that a software update is currently in the works for non-touring models and will hopefully be released soonish.
Well it looks as though your right Igacek not only the touring models are affected by the infotainment systems going on the fritz. My wife's infotainment screen went blank this morning as she was leaving for work, and our car is an EX model with just over 5,000 miles on it, purchased Nov. 21, 2015.

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Country flag
Another outing this morning with no infotainment issues. I believe (again, knocking on wood) that the sensitivity setting did the trick. It makes sense too.

another quick update. This looks to have fixed the intermittent screen problem where it goes back to home for no apparent reason...and beeps intermittently and sporadically. It seems to have been dust on the screen with the sensitivity set to high. If that happens then setting it to low might be the solution. It was for me (3-1-16)

Last edited:

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
So I've had my civic since November 10th I believe was the day and never had a problem with the car then I received a letter in the mail about the software update so I set up an appointment and got the car updated but then tonight when I was at work eating my lunch in my car I shit my car off and the car beeped the start button was flashing red and the head unit won't turn off so when I got home from work I unhooked the battery hoping it would reset it and I turned the car back on and it did the same thing has anyone else had this problem I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get it figured it out

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
how can you tell when it was built. can you tell from the VIN number? If so how?
Look at the label on the driver's door jamb. It has month of manufacture.

is99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I have an EX model. Left it yesterday for the engine recall and asked them to check the infotainment software too.
Got a call today that the car is ready and that they did upgraded the software.
Now I wonder do they really have an update to the EX model already....?

How can I check the infotainment software version and any one knows what version they ship now in he new cars ?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
While they're producing updates, they should also make it such that using the right turn signal doesn't cut Siri off mid-speech...
This. Times 10000000.

Reading texts- cut off. Dictating by Siri? Cut off, mid change in a screen? Start over. Drives me up the way.

I think, with all the tech on newer cars, Honda should be hooking up a car every single time it's in the service bay and giving customers the information to see if they want to fix it now versus later. In my experience, getting Honda dealerships to acknowledge a TSB or something on their Service News Bulletins is darn near the most painful experience ever.

I wish I still had access to the Service Bulletins. It was monthly and full of little issues that people were reporting en masse but not enough o warrant a TSB or recall. Tons of issues people experienced on the regular, but weren't necessarily "dangerous". So many hours of arguing could be avoided if we could see them.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If you ought to be using your turn signal it's probably a bad time to be playing with Siri instead of focusing on driving and the environment around you. Maybe this is the point they are not so subtly trying to make.
I dunno- that same logic allowed me to scroll through thousands or artists on my iPod by hand on my 2013, but I couldn't look at my phone book unless I was at a complete stop, and had to use one of my fifteen "voice tags" instead.

I get what they're trying to do, but it's annoying as all hell and I find it more distracting than helpful. Safety first, I suppose.

Torrises

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Not sure if this is related, but while using Apple Carplay I've had the phone disconnect while driving multiple times.

I only have an EX and I've checked the connections - nothing is loose. It appears to spontaneously crash.
Unplugging the phone and plugging it back in sometimes resolves the issue, but sometimes I'm forced to actually unplug the other end of the USB cable from the car as well.

Otherwise, the radio and all other functions of the infotainment system are preserved and do not appear to be affected when this happens.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I haven't experienced this problem, but I acquired my Touring well before the aforementioned counter measure was being applied on production lines. What is meant by "iN VIN" when checking for eligibility?

I'll still check the DSP version, but I'd imagine it won't match 3.5 if that's the version of the patch that has been released.
Hello, how did you check your verison without the software update file? thanks

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
anyone know
The amplifier DSP code? Even the TSB didn't describe a way to determine its version in any case but it being backlevel.
Sponsored