Tech Inspection L15B7

rwmurrayvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT
It's possible, only Honda really knows. I've actually pegged this fuel system in the pressure relief valve, so I know what pressure it's at and the fantastic results that follow when you do it (and the cool sounds it makes, lol). I've been running other cars at at higher than stock fuel pressures for quite some time with no negative impact (to date).

So far when it comes to the DI pumps we have a couple camps:
- The DI pumps that are only good for stock power, and have huge pressure drops if you increase fuel demand at all.
- The DI pumps that are good for higher pressure only up to a point where the volume demand is too high, and then the pressure drops to OEM levels (at which point the volume it's able to supply is adequate and you run into no problems).
- Special sauce DI pumps that can do more pressure and a lot more volume than what the OEM runs it off the showroom floor.

So far the Civic pump is in the 3rd camp -- but I'll be testing that further after I have the upgraded turbo done and we can actually put some serious demand on it.
Makes me wish I had my own garage or at least worked at one. Do you have any details you can share on the upgraded turbo design? I'm primarily interested in the ECU controls.

If the upgraded turbo doesn't have the electronic wastegate how will you modify the ECU? It may even be that the larger turbo doesn't "need" to undergo controlled spooling. It seems half the battle with this engine is on the controls side (which is great with me since I work in controls).
Sponsored