taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR | 2022 Veloster N | 2015 TuRD PRO
Country flag
Don't you need a valid vin to register it tho?
Absolutely. No VIN = no party. Unless running in the specific class for SRO or NASA this is kinda of overkill for the average track rat.

Sure there are other street legal CTR builds that are packing lots more power or aero and probably cost around the same...but this would be like buying a spec miata with the intent of running it in Lemons. Not the right use case at all.

Would be awesome to see a group of fast enthusiasts buy it as a S&Gs project and run a race or two in TC America as a dark horse entry with made-up sponsors.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
You mean I can gut my interior and make 60k profit overnight???
(looks up from stripping out his carpet and stereo). I was hoping for 65k ez esp when I cut out precision portions of the frame and chassis for weight savings.

Get those loans lined up boiz!

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I wonder if you can swap the 16 gallon tank on that to our regular fk8s

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I suspect there will be a (relatively speaking) bunch of these on the used market in 12-18 months when the FL5 variant becomes the class spec.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know how a dealer got their hands on this since Honda's website says

"Eligible for SRO TC Americas Touring Car competition, the all-new Type R TC race car is available to Honda Racing Line members with racing licenses exclusively through HPD at a manufacturer's price of $89,900."

https://hpd.honda.com/Articles/Touring/TypeR

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know how a dealer got their hands on this since Honda's website says

"Eligible for SRO TC Americas Touring Car competition, the all-new Type R TC race car is available to Honda Racing Line members with racing licenses exclusively through HPD at a manufacturer's price of $89,900."

https://hpd.honda.com/Articles/Touring/TypeR
This particular dealership still runs in SRO TC America, and even had a few JAS-built TCR cars in IMSA for a couple seasons.

Chances are they either got some spares TC spec cars in need of a new home or they are leveraging their unique position to also move some units directly.

taiso0019

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I suspect there will be a (relatively speaking) bunch of these on the used market in 12-18 months when the FL5 variant becomes the class spec.
Should be interesting to see the used market for them soon. I can see Kevin Boehm jumping to the new platform before the rest of the field. Kinda how his main partner (Skip Barber) was the first to field the new Si in the TCA class.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Should be interesting to see the used market for them soon. I can see Kevin Boehm jumping to the new platform before the rest of the field. Kinda how his main partner (Skip Barber) was the first to field the new Si in the TCA class.
Agreed. Given his "day job" wouldn't surprise me if he isn't already driving one!

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
It blows my mind that Honda sells these cars at such a high price tag and cant even develop a front grille that matches the rest of the car’s pattern. That honeycomb grille looks out of place as a mf

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Absolutely. No VIN = no party. Unless running in the specific class for SRO or NASA this is kinda of overkill for the average track rat.

Sure there are other street legal CTR builds that are packing lots more power or aero and probably cost around the same...but this would be like buying a spec miata with the intent of running it in Lemons. Not the right use case at all.

Would be awesome to see a group of fast enthusiasts buy it as a S&Gs project and run a race or two in TC America as a dark horse entry with made-up sponsors.
I like this idea, Sonoma is the only track close enough for me though
Sponsored