Target or Walmart

• Total voters

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Also, what's with checking your receipt on the way out?
They don't do it at my local Wal Mart, but I would say the location you were at has a theft problem so checking receipts is a bit of a deterrent.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
They don't do it at my local Wal Mart, but I would say the location you were at has a theft problem so checking receipts is a bit of a deterrent.
When they ask to see my receipt I smile and say no thank you, then walk around them.

It confuses the hell out of them.

I could have included Amazon but was only thinking about the only two physical walk in department stores that’s left
I prefer Fred Meyer to either, which is a regional department store in the pacific northwest.

There's also bimart.

Target and walmart may be the only nationwide department store chains, but that doesn't make them the only option, depending on your region.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Thing is though, they don't actually even read the receipt, just tick it with a pen and give it back. If seemed very pointless at the time.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Thing is though, they don't actually even read the receipt, just tick it with a pen and give it back. If seemed very pointless at the time.
It still acts as a deterrent though. Just ask Costco!

Not to say theft doesn't happen there, but it is lessened. I know for sure the door at Costco catches a lot of missed items(whether it be the cashiers fault for missing a product scan, or theft).

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It comes down to price and variety. I agree with the OP about how trashy Walmart is and the people generally who frequent them, but I like the one stop shopping and the prices of Walmart better.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
When and if they ask me for the receipt, I.....
show them the receipt. They almost never do where I live. Walmart is a private property and if I didn't like it, I would not go there next time. Shopping at Walmart is not a right.

Much more offensive is a sticker on a Shell gas station pump saying... "Thank you for paying for your gas." :doh::rofl:
Now that's obnoxious and dumb. Well, thank you for having gasoline in your tank instead of urine...

In many stores (such as drugstores and other) in Europe there are guards dressed as customers watching for thieves. Sometimes they don't pretend and watch and follow you closely and are very obnoxious.

kevoco333

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag
A few years ago I moved near a Super Target. I walked in and thought how much nicer it was than the Walmart I used to shop at. I got my groceries and beer then went to checkout. The cashier asked for my ID. I was around 45 at the time so I figured they ask for ID from everybody that appears under 50. I handed my drivers license to the cashier and she swiped it. I asked why did you do that? She said it was store policy and couldn't sell me alcohol without swiping my ID. I told her you should have told me that before swiping because I don't want Target to have my personal information and would have left the beer there without buying. I later read that they will ask for ID even if you are 80 years old. Target claims they don't store this info but I say that is BS. I now only shop at Walmart, Whole Foods , and sometimes Publix. I can say that the customer service at the Walmart that I shop at now is not bad.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Walmart, all day. Yes, you have to deal with stupid ppl and the Jerry Springer type scenes are amusing but Walmart has almost everything I need 98% of the time. Targets are few & far between out here in in FL

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Walmart, all day. Yes, you have to deal with stupid ppl and the Jerry Springer type scenes are amusing but Walmart has almost everything I need 98% of the time. Targets are few & far between out here in in FL
Unfortunately that’s true that isn’t many targets in Florida many years ago living on Long Island there were many Department stores.
before Walmart dominated everything we had Caldor Kmart TSS
and Walmart came TSS went out of business and Target came Caldor disappear too and Kmart all that’s left really is Target and Walmart. As I posted before in a earlier post if the was a Walmart Target wasn’t too far The area I live in Florida there’s one Target ( a small one) and the next is twenty miles away And probably three Walmart s between

cowolter

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CR-Z
Country flag
I prefer target, primarily because I can always get a buggy the goes straight. I usually end up at Walmart out of necessity because my grocery bill is 25% lower there.

prinsbery

Last edited:

saki87

First Name
daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
There is a lot of trend of Walmart's in almost every country and there is a lot of Walmart's are also include the products of clothes like I have been saw that in the USA there is a lot of stores include the xxxtentacion merch clothes varieties.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a lot of trend of Walmart's in almost every country and there is a lot of Walmart's are also include the products of clothes like I have been saw that in the USA there is a lot of stores include the xxxtentacion merch clothes varieties.
Same bro.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I shop at both but prefer Target by far. Way cleaner, more organized, and the employees just seem happier.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I shop at both but prefer Target by far. Way cleaner, more organized, and the employees just seem happier.
Target is geared more for customer service where
Walmart is a free for all and don’t care about customer service
Sponsored