First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This is a stupid little off topic poll I thought about While shopping in target
I prefer target cleaner stores better customer service unfortunately there’s not too many targets where I live ( there were more on Long Island)Walmart’s stores are filthy messy and horrible customer service and this is coming from a former employee worked at two stores NY and FL and A DC warehouse in FL so which is it for you
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Can we say neither? We need more alternatives

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can we say neither? We need more alternatives
I could have included Amazon but was only thinking about the only two physical walk in department stores that’s left

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Target is cleaner because they always seem to be a lot less crowded. I agree with xcoreflyup. The only time I will go to Target over Walmart would be for sale items or to get something from their houseware/furniture departments, which have better options in general than Walmart. But for automotive, hardware, outdoor living, pets, etc., Walmart has a much better selection. Grocery also.

NorrinRadd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Manual 1.5T, KTuner + TSP1
Country flag
I avoid Walmart like the (now literal) plague. I only go there if I have no other option. I don't really like Target that much either but I'd rather go there than Walmart (and my wife loves Target).

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
in the small town i live in there are limited options so its either one or the other so normally its amazon or ebay for myself

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live 3 minutes from a walmart, 13 from a Target. Hard to drive an extra 20 minutes AND pay higher prices. I will say Walmart customer service sucks, and the stores are a mess, but if you know what you need and you know what to avoid at walmart you can be in and out so fast you almost don't notice all the troglodytes

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I live 3 minutes from a walmart, 13 from a Target. Hard to drive an extra 20 minutes AND pay higher prices. I will say Walmart customer service sucks, and the stores are a mess, but if you know what you need and you know what to avoid at walmart you can be in and out so fast you almost don't notice all the troglodytes
When I lived on Long Island when there was a walmart there was a target not too far ( probably a mile apart give or take) now the town I live in Florida theres two super Walmart’s and a Walmart neighborhood market in a 10 mile radius one target the next target is 20 miles north and the other 25 miles south and believe me the store’s are messy the warehouses are worse

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Target is cleaner because they always seem to be a lot less crowded.
Walmart being much busier, shouldn't the increased revenue allow them the headroom in the payroll budget to hire more maintenance workers?

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Walmart is hands down the winner. Just know the employees are worthless so dont bother asking them anything but Walmart has the largest selection, lowest prices and Target does not stock AMMUNITION. Gotta have my .223 and 7.62x39r

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
Walmart is hands down the winner. Just know the employees are worthless so dont bother asking them anything but Walmart has the largest selection, lowest prices and Target does not stock AMMUNITION. Gotta have my .223 and 7.62x39r
yet not sold by walmart any more after the el paso tx shooting

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Walmart being much busier, shouldn't the increased revenue allow them the headroom in the payroll budget to hire more maintenance workers?
Walmart is all numbers driven, so no lol. Corporate rule of thumb says if you can run the business long enough you don't rehire the heads, regardless of how much of a shitshow it may be. As long as the top line is still strong, that is all that matters. Gotta pay them big wigs right??? :doh:

Walmart also requires its suppliers to reduce cost every year in order to continue stocking the product at walmart, or at least they used to. It's a ruthless business model, and there's a reason there are walmarts in every corner of the US now.

Personally I prefer the Target experience but the price difference is too much, and I always end up buying more in target than I mean to. And the walmart near me is kind of... sub par in terms of some of the shoppers. Seen police there more than a few times in the year I've lived here. Yet they run their business in such a fashion that I find myself at this walmart a few times a week.
Sponsored