Tapping sound in dashboard??

romanatorrr

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
I have a tapping sound coming from my dashboard that I've had since around 1000 miles (currently at 4500 miles). I haven't been able to locate or figure out what it is. It sounds like metal on metal or metal on windshield. The best way I can explain it is if you were tapping your metal keys together or tapping the key on the windshield. I've had many other plastic rattles and this sounds nothing like those so I don't think its a plastic issue. From the best I can tell it is either coming from the headliner near where the rear view mirror is or somewhere where the windshield meets the dashboard. It comes and goes but is usually pretty constant, and does seem to be more intense when the temperature is around 29 or 30 degrees (Fahrenheit). When it is really bad it almost sounds like a squeaking sound as if some metal is grinding against some other metal. I took a video but it's really hard to hear over the background sound even though it is loud enough to hear over the radio when driving. It's REALLY bugging me so I would appreciate any thoughts anyone might have!!!
Sponsored

ShiftyWanker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have this too! Drives me nuts when it happens. It sounds like a relay is tripping constantly. I can't pinpoint where within the dash it's coming from. It seems to happen when the weather is cold, but the past couple of weeks I have not noticed this happening despite some cold temperatures.