Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

Nick here from Mishimoto, with some exciting news for added heat protection on your FK8! We're proud to announce the launch of our direct fit Turbo Blanket line, including fitment for the Civic Type R!

Honda Civic 10th gen Tailored Fit Heat Protection - Mishimoto Turbo Blankets 091118_NLT_CTR_OC_HD_4-scaled

It's old news that the CTR's super hot turbo setup is mounted right up against the radiator, which doesn't help with the already overtaxed cooling system. So, we wanted to make sure that you could add another layer of protection for you radiator with one of our titanium turbo blankets:

Honda Civic 10th gen Tailored Fit Heat Protection - Mishimoto Turbo Blankets 300-MMTB-CTR-17_2-scaled

Our turbo blankets are constructed with an outer layer of volcanic lava rock and titanium woven fabric. The inner layer traps heat with a high-silica fabric and stainless-steel mesh for maximum durability. This allows the interior layer to withstand over 2,300°F (1,260°C) while the outer layer protects against temperatures over 1,760°F (960°C). Mishimoto turbo blankets have no trouble keeping the heat from permeating throughout the engine bay. This Mishimoto turbo blanket is a direct fit for the stock turbocharger equipped on your 2017+ Honda Civic Type R and is backed by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of protection against engine bay heat.

Make sure that you get yours today!

TITANIUM TURBO BLANKET, FITS HONDA CIVIC TYPE R (FK2/FK8) 2017+

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hey Guys!

Nick here from Mishimoto, with some exciting news for added heat protection on your FK8! We're proud to announce the launch of our direct fit Turbo Blanket line, including fitment for the Civic Type R!

091118_NLT_CTR_OC_HD_4-scaled.jpg

It's old news that the CTR's super hot turbo setup is mounted right up against the radiator, which doesn't help with the already overtaxed cooling system. So, we wanted to make sure that you could add another layer of protection for you radiator with one of our titanium turbo blankets:

300-MMTB-CTR-17_2-scaled.jpg

Our turbo blankets are constructed with an outer layer of volcanic lava rock and titanium woven fabric. The inner layer traps heat with a high-silica fabric and stainless-steel mesh for maximum durability. This allows the interior layer to withstand over 2,300°F (1,260°C) while the outer layer protects against temperatures over 1,760°F (960°C). Mishimoto turbo blankets have no trouble keeping the heat from permeating throughout the engine bay. This Mishimoto turbo blanket is a direct fit for the stock turbocharger equipped on your 2017+ Honda Civic Type R and is backed by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of protection against engine bay heat.

Make sure that you get yours today!

TITANIUM TURBO BLANKET, FITS HONDA CIVIC TYPE R (FK2/FK8) 2017+

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Looks very nice ?
Looks a little bit wider than ptp?

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
Do you guys have testing results?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
What's the diff between yours and ptp??
It looks same..
Great question!

When it comes down to it, we're both designing turbo blankets for the same turbo on the same car, so there will be some overlap in appearances. We offer a titanium and volcanic rock combination on the outer shell to keep all of that heat contained, plus a lifetime warranty.

Also, I just wanted to bump this thread up for our Australian customers! We now have these blankets in stock in our Australian warehouse, and are ready to ship!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this up and let you know that these turbo blankets are now available in the UK and Europe!

-Nick

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this up and let you know that these turbo blankets are now available in the UK and Europe!

-Nick
Does this come with stainless steel springs or is there an option to add them?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is there any test results for these? I've been debating on getting a turbo blanket but curious if they will really be better than just keeping the stock heat shields.

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Couple of unanswered questions here @Mishimoto that Im sure are holding back several of us (including myself) from purchasing this unit can you please take a look and provide some feedback?

- "Does this come with stainless steel springs or is there an option to add them?"
- "can you retain the factory heat shield with this blanket ?" - I want to know this as well
- "Is there any test results for these? I've been debating on getting a turbo blanket but curious if they will really be better than just keeping the stock heat shields".

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Couple of unanswered questions here @Mishimoto that Im sure are holding back several of us (including myself) from purchasing this unit can you please take a look and provide some feedback?

- "Does this come with stainless steel springs or is there an option to add them?"
- "can you retain the factory heat shield with this blanket ?" - I want to know this as well
- "Is there any test results for these? I've been debating on getting a turbo blanket but curious if they will really be better than just keeping the stock heat shields".
I know you are waiting on Mishimoto to answer your questions , in my experience the best results reducing the heat from the turbo and preventing all the heat irradiated the rest of the components is removing the Oem heat shields, and using just their blanket, I tested with PTP turbo blanket and I’m having great results . Judging for the pictures this Mishimoto turbo blanket looks like it does cover better the whole turbo hot side . It is in my plans to get this blanket for testing , mine is reaping a part due so many installations .

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag

Apologies on the delay! @BoostedDreams @ToofHurts @ebatr24

- Yes two stainless steel springs and tie wire are included with the kit
- The factory heat shield cannot be re-installed with the turbo blanket due to how close the shield sits to the ehaust housing. OUr blanket provides much more coverage for the impeller housing, plus greatly reduces radiant heat heat as well
- We did do some bench testing on the materials with our universal blankets which yielded positive results. Let me see if I can dig up the data for you

-Nick
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.