Tail light from HRS developing a white spot on turn signal.

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (MT)
Country flag
Back in late February, I installed these tail lights from Hi-Rev Sports: 2017-21 Honda Civic Hatchback FK7 FK8 LED Tail Lights - V2

Ordered myself an open box version of the clear housing and since then they've worked perfectly, minus a time when the right taillight would go off randomly but it was due to a loose connection.

About a week ago I started to notice this spot developing on my tail lights' turn signal. This is happening on both tail lights in the same exact spot. From what I can tell, it's nothing I can clean off or take away from the outside I believe it's happening inside the light housing.

My car is an outside car unfortunately, sitting in direct sunlight throughout the day. I hope that isn't what is causing the problem as there's little I can do for getting shade. Problems of living in the desert.

Anything I can do to help alleviate this problem? Is this something any of you have experienced on your tail lights or any other owners of HRS that can chime in? What does it look like to you? Spot is on upper left of the main tail light.

Honda Civic 10th gen Tail light from HRS developing a white spot on turn signal. IMG_0182

Honda Civic 10th gen Tail light from HRS developing a white spot on turn signal. IMG_0181

Cnelms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic ex hatch, 2015 F150 XLT
Country flag
It looks like you are getting moisture inside the housing. My Suma ones are doing the same sometimes after a wash, they are the same lights. you can take them apart and re-seal them or drill a small hole in the bottom of them to relieve the pressure.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (MT)
Country flag
It looks like you are getting moisture inside the housing. My Suma ones are doing the same sometimes after a wash, they are the same lights. you can take them apart and re-seal them or drill a small hole in the bottom of them to relieve the pressure.
I remember reading a while back that it could just be a moisture spot and now that I think about it this most likely did start forming after I hand washed my car. Glad to hear it's most likely water though, thought the plastics were melting or something.

Did your spots end up disappearing on their own or did you end up taking it apart/drilling? Would like to avoid drilling but if it's gonna be a constant problem to where I'd have to take it apart all the time...