Synthetic oil bad mileage

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Dense air gives you more power, so should give better fuel economy. However I think fuel injection does better in warmer weather, so it could overcome the former. Also the oil is thinner in warmer weather, thus better MPG.
Summer/winter gas definitely is a thing in the US.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Dense air gives you more power, so should give better fuel economy. However I think fuel injection does better in warmer weather, so it could overcome the former. Also the oil is thinner in warmer weather, thus better MPG.
Summer/winter gas definitely is a thing in the US.
dense air requires more fuel to get the correct a/f

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Good points, but is winter gas really a thing?! I might learn something today.... enlighten me lol
Signs on every pump in ct clearly state something to the likes of. During the winter the gasoline at this station can contain an ethanol content of up to 10%

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody with flash pro, what is the lowest K.Control you have seen? (Indicates fuel quality) I'm at 54% on Shell 91 thankfully which is as good as it gets on pump gas Doug says. Is all American gas mixed with ethanol in the winter?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Anybody with flash pro, what is the lowest K.Control you have seen? (Indicates fuel quality) I'm at 54% on Shell 91 thankfully which is as good as it gets on pump gas Doug says. Is all American gas mixed with ethanol in the winter?
Agree with doug...
Cant answer tho..
But!!!!! The new gas station down the street just put up V-power signs! And its closer than the rest by far!!!

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag