Country flag

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look great. Does anyone have the contact details ie phone number or email address for Synth Carbon? I am interested in contacting him/them and buying wholesale for my parts business here in the UK.

R3D5IVE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback MT6, 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road MT5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Purchased! Thank you!
Got my caps yesterday! I installed one of them today. Unfortunately the other has a crack in one of the main tabs, so I'm going to repair that before I install the second. Honestly, I think the crack was done in shipping.

The install is easy.. but a bit of a pain getting the OEM cap off. You're likely going to feel like something is going to break, it might, hopefully it is minor. Here are the instructions. Yes you need to follow them, no there aren't any short cuts. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2017/typer/doormirrorcovers.pdf

Overall I'm happy for the price. They are OEM caps with carbon laid over top and layers of clear coat. The fitment is 99% there, which for a custom hand made product is damn good! There was a little bit of polishing compound left on the caps, one minor scratch, and the cracked tab (probably from shipping). Hopefully the second one goes on as easy or easier.

I definitely recommend this product!

Honda Civic 10th gen SynthCarbon CF Mirror Caps IMG_3785.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen SynthCarbon CF Mirror Caps IMG_3784.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen SynthCarbon CF Mirror Caps IMG_3786.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen SynthCarbon CF Mirror Caps IMG_3787.JPG

OP
OP
Vader_Si

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look great. Does anyone have the contact details ie phone number or email address for Synth Carbon? I am interested in contacting him/them and buying wholesale for my parts business here in the UK.
I believe the only way to contact them is Instagram.

OP
OP
Vader_Si

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my caps yesterday! I installed one of them today. Unfortunately the other has a crack in one of the main tabs, so I'm going to repair that before I install the second. Honestly, I think the crack was done in shipping.

The install is easy.. but a bit of a pain getting the OEM cap off. You're likely going to feel like something is going to break, it might, hopefully it is minor. Here are the instructions. Yes you need to follow them, no there aren't any short cuts. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/civic/2017/typer/doormirrorcovers.pdf

Overall I'm happy for the price. They are OEM caps with carbon laid over top and layers of clear coat. The fitment is 99% there, which for a custom hand made product is damn good! There was a little bit of polishing compound left on the caps, one minor scratch, and the cracked tab (probably from shipping). Hopefully the second one goes on as easy or easier.

I definitely recommend this product!

IMG_3785.JPG

IMG_3784.JPG

IMG_3786.JPG

IMG_3787.JPG
They look beautiful wow.. :eek:

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
Do these over the stock mirror covers

OP
OP
Vader_Si

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do these over the stock mirror covers
These do not go over the stock mirror covers, you have to take off the OEM mirror covers and it's a direct fitment with the carbon mirror caps.

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
These do not go over the stock mirror covers, you have to take off the OEM mirror covers and it's a direct fitment with the carbon mirror caps.
Ok got it bro thx

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would have assumed these were an overlay. I've never seen a vehicle with a removable mirror cap. They really are clipped and not aren't plastic welded tabs?

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
I would have assumed these were an overlay. I've never seen a vehicle with a removable mirror cap. They really are clipped and not aren't plastic welded tabs?
From my understanding, they are carbon layed over stock caps and then cleared. So fitment is actually OEM.

OP
OP
Vader_Si

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty much 3 clips on the OEM, pop them off, and boom they're off. Pretty crazy to think about it lol

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty much 3 clips on the OEM, pop them off, and boom they're off. Pretty crazy to think about it lol
I can only think that was done to service the heating elements in the mirrors. This is good to know because taping off that mirror is a pain in the rump when I'm plastidipping lol