ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi, Im looking to do a led switch back front side marker, but keep see people have issue with bad seal on amazon or ebay. is there a ver or a different style that have better seal or can i do anything to avoid water go in? thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Switch back front side marker side marker
Sponsored

Dom9lives

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Country flag
I had those. Fit was great but they lasted less than a year. Condensation in both side markers and the led stopped working in one of them.

I bought DEPO side markers and they’re much better. The plastic looks better and the fit is correct. No condensation after a month. A bit pricey though but our R’s deserve the best

Honda Civic 10th gen Switch back front side marker C12946C7-9CDB-4C81-ADB0-B6CBD8D8132C

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
The fix is posted on the FK8 product reviews Facebook page. Remove the clear silicone where the wire enters the casing and replace with red high temp silicone. I’ve had mine for a year with 0 issues. The switchbacks are awesome. Super bright!

Honda Civic 10th gen Switch back front side marker 0771BF77-83FE-48FD-AC17-9DD2138DB82E

Honda Civic 10th gen Switch back front side marker 50A2FCD0-9ED2-4581-8980-0D8E44E62724

OP
OP
ostudent

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had those. Fit was great but they lasted less than a year. Condensation in both side markers and the led stopped working in one of them.

I bought DEPO side markers and they’re much better. The plastic looks better and the fit is correct. No condensation after a month. A bit pricey though but our R’s deserve the best

C12946C7-9CDB-4C81-ADB0-B6CBD8D8132C.jpeg
thanks for info. but the one i looking can change the side marker to become a car turn signal light, which is a plus.

OP
OP
ostudent

ostudent

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The fix is posted on the FK8 product reviews Facebook page. Remove the clear silicone where the wire enters the casing and replace with red high temp silicone. I’ve had mine for a year with 0 issues. The switchbacks are awesome. Super bright!

0771BF77-83FE-48FD-AC17-9DD2138DB82E.jpeg

50A2FCD0-9ED2-4581-8980-0D8E44E62724.jpeg
look good where did u get yours?

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Pic of mine installed. SO much better than the orange!

Honda Civic 10th gen Switch back front side marker EE593E90-AB20-4507-9672-136EEE40DFE1

Bru87tr

C12946C7-9CDB-4C81-ADB0-B6CBD8D8132C.jpeg
I agree. After watching people complain of other versions, amazon reviews and members here convinced me. Great fit and no leak.

Dom9lives

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Country flag
thanks for info. but the one i looking can change the side marker to become a car turn signal light, which is a plus.
That’s what I first thought. This is a cool feature but ultimately it won’t make the led strips last any longer. They are really cheap and I wish I didn’t waste money on these.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
That’s what I first thought. This is a cool feature but ultimately it won’t make the led strips last any longer. They are really cheap and I wish I didn’t waste money on these.
I agree, I’m on my 2nd set in 2 years. These were $70, thinking for the price they would be legit. However, having issues with flickering LED drivers side. Upon inspection, all kind of water droplets inside. Frustrating and such a waste of money.

CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
I agree, I’m on my 2nd set in 2 years. These were $70, thinking for the price they would be legit. However, having issues with flickering LED drivers side. Upon inspection, all kind of water droplets inside. Frustrating and such a waste of money.

I recently bought a set. Siliconed the hole at the wire and also ran a thin layer where the back and lense meets (seam). So far everything has been fine. Two months of driving no issues. Might be worth 30 minutes to remove your latest set and apply some around like I did.

Sad part is we shouldn’t have to reseal anything for the price of these. However they are the nicest set available right now

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I recently bought a set. Siliconed the hole at the wire and also ran a thin layer where the back and lense meets (seam). So far everything has been fine. Two months of driving no issues. Might be worth 30 minutes to remove your latest set and apply some around like I did.

Sad part is we shouldn’t have to reseal anything for the price of these. However they are the nicest set available right now
Right, that’s what I told CARID.com. It’s a lengthy process, they want a video. Only problem is the video is 1 minute and its too large to share via email so I have to share my Dropbox. It’s in the process now, so should be getting a new pair because they’re under warranty. I will def silicone the new set!

Honda Civic 10th gen Switch back front side marker 140D6693-5A6F-453A-AAC1-48E52B2A3B8E
Sponsored