• Total voters

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My swift springs arrive in 2 days and i'm now second guessing if I should've just bought coilovers or not. First time i've heard of the noise and binding issues, is this common?
Mine made noise going lock-to-lock right after first installed. Lasted maybe a day. I've had no issues since then. I had them installed end of May 2019. On the car seven months and about 9k miles. If there was a persistent binding issue then I would say that most likely was a result of installation. They are stiffer than stock, obviously. I don't know, at this point I am used to it and it just seems normal to me. So I can tell you it isn't that harsh, but clearly that is subjective. Obviously I daily mine. What I cannot tell you is the longer-term impact on the stock suspension system. I'm shortening the lifespan. How much? I don't know yet.
Sponsored

dldaves

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if theres swift springs for hatchback

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

Mr.Apex

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
I recently created a lowering spring master thread for the SI and i put the correct spring rate info of the Eibachs on there as i couldnt find any of the numbers anywhere. they are much closer to the Swifts than i previously read/thought.

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
Had my Swift springs installed for about a week now and so far i'm loving them. Just slightly stiffer than stock while reducing body roll a good bit. When they were freshly installed I had around a 2 finger gap but as it sits today there's a 1 finger gap between tire and fender. Overall very happy with them and I don't have any sounds or rubbing issues whatsoever. Time for an alignment!

LuisXVI

First Name
Luis Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC EX-T (FC1) / 1996 NISSAN BLUEBIRD SSS (U13/SR18de)
Country flag
Hi,
I'm new on the neighborhood ...everybody here had only changed the springs, really ?
Some experience with coilovers and SWIFT or EIBACH setup ?
And the other question is if you can use the same springs like SWIFT or EIBACH on stock shocks and viceversa or need to be changed ?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,
I'm new on the neighborhood ...everybody here had only changed the springs, really ?
Some experience with coilovers and SWIFT or EIBACH setup ?
And the other question is if you can use the same springs like SWIFT or EIBACH on stock shocks and viceversa or need to be changed ?
Springs on stock shocks, yes. That is what most do. We don’t have an option for and upgraded damper yet. Koni is allegedly developing Yellows but that has been a few years that they have been saying that. Might be something more for second owners of these cars. You can do a Swift spring upgrade with BC coilovers but you wouldn’t move a lowering spring setup to a coilover.

dabearshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i got swift springs over a month ago, sometimes they feel a little bouncy in the rear on the highway?

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
18x9 +35.
I run 255(picture) and 265 width tires. Just depends on the company.
Did you have to roll the fenders or no scrapping at all even when lowered and with those weel specs?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i got swift springs over a month ago, sometimes they feel a little bouncy in the rear on the highway?
You can get some bounce over bumps as spring rates overwhelm damping, but it should not be floaty/bouncy on the highway. I’d make sure everything is seated properly.

LuisXVI

First Name
Luis Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC EX-T (FC1) / 1996 NISSAN BLUEBIRD SSS (U13/SR18de)
Country flag
Springs on stock shocks, yes. That is what most do. We don’t have an option for and upgraded damper yet. Koni is allegedly developing Yellows but that has been a few years that they have been saying that. Might be something more for second owners of these cars. You can do a Swift spring upgrade with BC coilovers but you wouldn’t move a lowering spring setup to a coilover.
"Might be something more for second owners of these cars." hahaha?

Exactly, I'm look'n for upgrade no lowering springs to a coilover... and got some recommendations from enthusiasts, amateurs and/or dealers, in order of comfort and quality:
  1. FORTUNE
  2. YELLOW
  3. K-SPORT
,but only I have chance for Yellow or K-Sport, 'cause my CIVIC is a FC1 chassis.

Chief lazy leaf

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic SI, 2001 mr2 spyder, 1982 Toyota coroll
Country flag
Did you have to roll the fenders or no scrapping at all even when lowered and with those weel specs?
255 dont really rub, Big bumps maybe. 265 rubs the side markers still cause the offset of the rim. I could probably roll them a little but I normally run the 255 width.
Sponsored