swift springs

Marc_Seegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R #12951
Country flag
The Eibach instructions says to remove 20mm from the bottom front/rear bump stops. I assume swift springs should be similar or little more with a 1 inch drop.

IMG_3291.JPG
yep, the paperwork that came with the Swifts do not instruct you to do this. I did not cut anything and have been driving on them for about 1,000 miles now with no issues, no weird sounds and no strange bounciness at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
Is there a diff in left and right springs in front ? I am just cerious my springs didnt have any markings at all and its driving me crazy i keep hearking a clunking noice only when i hit certin bumps evey this is tourqe to speck i cut the bump stops to the second mark i just am lost my only other thing would be geting them switched if any one has instructions on these springs plelease let me know mine came with a disclamer and thats was all ..

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
left and right springs should be different because they are usually "coiled" opposite to each other. one coils to the left, while the other coils to the right.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
left and right springs should be different because they are usually "coiled" opposite to each other. one coils to the left, while the other coils to the right.
so it would be pretty hard to mess up the left and right because i had the springs side buy side when i took oem off and put exactly on the same way i took off with the swifts

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'd think so because the way the shock perch and the upper mounts are might make it hard to put it on the other way around.
Honda Civic 10th gen swift springs c7AfkzC

you can see on the top part of the spring that its coiled differently.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd think so because the way the shock perch and the upper mounts are might make it hard to put it on the other way around.
c7AfkzC.png

you can see on the top part of the spring that its coiled differently.
so in the pic the left hand one is the driver side corect ?

B8FKR

First Name
Arief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R
Country flag
so the conclusion is, you need to cut the bump stop? i had bouncy car as well! i didn't cut the bump stop because it doesn't came with sort of instructions at all.

:bump::bump:

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so the conclusion is, you need to cut the bump stop? i had bouncy car as well! i didn't cut the bump stop because it doesn't came with sort of instructions at all.

:bump::bump:
Yes cut bump stops the bouncy goes away u can do it with jack and a razor blade i took tire off to have more room but my issue is seems like somthing is loose or rubbing like a clunking noise only on certin bumps othernthen that it rides good handles good just got that stupid clunk noice thats driving me up the wall

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so i had the springs all done correctly the noise i was hearing was loose bolt on the steering rack how it got loose idont know but i checked everything over and found that and it fixed the problem rides way bettter too with bump stops cut to 1.5 inches thanks eveyone for the info and help much appreciated !!!!

B8FKR

First Name
Arief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R
Country flag
so i had the springs all done correctly the noise i was hearing was loose bolt on the steering rack how it got loose idont know but i checked everything over and found that and it fixed the problem rides way bettter too with bump stops cut to 1.5 inches thanks eveyone for the info and help much appreciated !!!!
So this confirmed that cutting the bump stop, making the car better?

Good news! :imnew:

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boosted Blue civic type R
Country flag
I actually emailed swift and this is what they said.

“You do not need to cut the bumpstops for these springs. All testing was done with the these springs were with the oem bumpstops. That being said modifying the bumpstops can be used as a tuning tool to set your suspension to your subjective needs.

Thank you for choosing Swift Springs.”

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
before you cut the bumpstop, is it bouncy only on comfort mode? or all 3 mode?

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
YEs can be done buy jacking car up
Bringing back this super old post because I forgot to cut the bump stops on my car when installing springs ??‍♂ But did you have to cut the dust cover or were you able to pull them up to where the bump stops are?

un1coRn

IG: @sgp_fk8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
idk i still think these springs are bouncy as f*ck. I installed them with only 800mi on the car so don't even remember how the stock suspension felt really. bumpstops were cut
Sponsored