ItsmyfriendSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I cut my bump stops when installing Swifts and I haven’t observed the bounce. I also never ride in comfort or sport. ?‍♂
Sponsored

Zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 PMM
Country flag
Hi all, first post, I'm over in the UK and swift are not that popular, although some have them. Obviously honda got it spot on with the handling of the FK8 so I'm trying to understand the benefits something like Swift springs will bring, clearly there is a nice aesthetics factor in the lower ride height, however are there any downsides from 'messing' with the excellent set-up and handling.

I'm planning on running 19" Rays Gram lite 57 Transcend alloys which are 19 x 9.5J with a +37 offset, so I'd like to know if I would experience any issues (rubbing etc) and any other downsides to the handling, turn in etc running these springs.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
Hi all, first post, I'm over in the UK and swift are not that popular, although some have them. Obviously honda got it spot on with the handling of the FK8 so I'm trying to understand the benefits something like Swift springs will bring, clearly there is a nice aesthetics factor in the lower ride height, however are there any downsides from 'messing' with the excellent set-up and handling.

I'm planning on running 19" Rays Gram lite 57 Transcend alloys which are 19 x 9.5J with a +37 offset, so I'd like to know if I would experience any issues (rubbing etc) and any other downsides to the handling, turn in etc running these springs.
A lot of people actually track with these springs. To answer your question depending on what tire you go with you may not rub 255 vs 265 for example as not all manufacturers are the same. Although not necessary, it wouldn’t hurt to get a camber kit and toe arms to dial in your suspension to your liking. As for downside, some people do not like the harshness of the ride, but it’s definitely tolerable.

Zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 PMM
Country flag
Anyone else with real world experience (non track as tracks are nice and smooth in most cases), I'm specifically looking for any loss of feel, turn in, handling characteristic changes once Swift springs have been installed

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
its hard to say because those are all subjective and everybody has different feels and tolerances to stuff.
few ppl do complain that its too bouncy or too stiff though.

i personally dont feel that way and i like it much better than my previous set up, the eibach pro kits. But then again, i do know of ppl who prefer the eibachs over swifts.

Zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 PMM
Country flag
Cheers, the Eibach are far more attainable here in the UK and a lot cheaper than the Swift... Decisions decsions...
Sponsored