Swift Springs vs. Spoon Springs

AntsFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red Civic Type R
Country flag
What are the pros and cons? Any personal experience will be appreciated. I will be daily driving it, and I'm switching wheels to a 18x9.5 +38 with tires being 265 or 255/35/28. I was considering BC Coilovers but people have said they're not meant to be daily driven. Any advice/tips are appreciated as well.

*255/35/18!!!! definitely not going with a 28 inch rim! lmao.
Sponsored

Last edited:

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
What are the pros and cons? Any personal experience will be appreciated. I will be daily driving it, and I'm switching wheels to a 18x9.5 +38 with tires being 265 or 255/35/28. I was considering BC Coilovers but people have said they're not meant to be daily driven. Any advice/tips are appropriated.
First of all, I would go with a 18 inch tire instead of the 28 :) but the width and aspect ratio is good. I'd go for the 265 instead of the 255. Fitment will be tight but shouldn't rub.
I have Spoon springs and they are just fine for daily driving. Don't know how they compare to stock springs cuz I bought the car with them. The ride is definitely firm but not harsh. Long trips aren't bad but may be annoying to people that aren't used to lowering springs/stiff riding cars.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
First of all, I would go with a 18 inch tire instead of the 28 :)
LMAO.

I do have a question, are in comfort mode or you drive in sport on the spoons? I've heard Spoons are really close to OEM .

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
LMAO.

I do have a question, are in comfort mode or you drive in sport on the spoons? I've heard Spoons are really close to OEM .
Last year I was always in comfort but now Im trying to condition myself in sport. Havent had a performance car in 3 years before last year so got used to the plush ride in my chevy malibu.

In comfort mode with the Spoons I feel like the car moves up and down too much. It kind of feels “wobbly” but not side to side. When you think the road is straight and smooth but you feel the car moving up and down ever so slightly. I think the stock shocks are valved too light for Spoons in comfort mode.
In sport mode I dont get that “constantly moving” sensation but the road imperfections and dips feel stiffer which I don't like. I also dislike the heavy steering feel in sport.

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Went with the pro kit because spoon was to expensive and swifts are so damn low. Don’t get me wrong swifts look nice, but trying to avoid any scraping all together. Used the extra cash I had saved from not buying the spoon springs towards buying camber and lower control arms with my springs

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Swift have my vote for best overall spring!

-Josh
I have to agree! They drop it level which the Eibach and Spoon show uneven (lower in rear) on most setups I see.
In addition to being level, I chose the Swift for the much heavier spring rate in the rear because I like the car to be neutral as to avoid understeer and encourage rotation in tight turns.

Sure they are stiffer than stock but fine for my daily driving.

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
I'm literally in the middle of installing Swifts right now. I'm liking these replies looks like I made the right choice. Hitting the track Saturday excited to see the difference.

OP
OP
AntsFK8

AntsFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for all the replies! I appreciate it.

OP
OP
AntsFK8

AntsFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First of all, I would go with a 18 inch tire instead of the 28 :) but the width and aspect ratio is good. I'd go for the 265 instead of the 255. Fitment will be tight but shouldn't rub.
I have Spoon springs and they are just fine for daily driving. Don't know how they compare to stock springs cuz I bought the car with them. The ride is definitely firm but not harsh. Long trips aren't bad but may be annoying to people that aren't used to lowering springs/stiff riding cars.
Do you experience any understeer?

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
No but I haven’t tracked this car yet. Ive made some sudden sharp 90 degree turns on the street and didn't feel any understeer.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
So I’ve had my Spoon springs for about 2 years now and I love how they ride, but the drop isn’t as aggressive as I’d like for my current setup.

Been looking at swapping to Swifts as the drop is what I’d want, but I am worried about how much harsher the ride might be. I drive my wife and toddler around a lot so I want to make sure I’m not gonna bounce them around.

Anyone with Swifts do a lot of family duty? How are they going?

ah gong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Have spoon springs on my car for 2yrs.they r just a bit more stiff than oem (springs rate higher)but acceptable.and heard lot of good experience on eibach sportline.....for me i'll go with sportline if i havent got my spoon.
Btw,lot of negative comment for swift from my local typeR group.too stiff,spring rate too high possibly make the life shorter for oem shock

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Btw,lot of negative comment for swift from my local typeR group.too stiff,spring rate too high possibly make the life shorter for oem shock
and the complete opposite for our local group lol.

best bet is to just ride in a car that has the set up you want.
Sponsored