Swift springs question!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I just installed swift and noticed that the passenger side springs doesn’t sit tightly against the strut mount bearing when the car is off the ground. I can grab the spring and shake it, and it looks like the spring is more compressed than the distance between the bottom perch and the bearing! The driver side is snug. There’s no weird noise when driving and the drop is even. The car rides perfectly fine. One time, when I dropped the car down, I heard a pop from the spring top perch popping into the bearing. Makes me wonder if I compressed the spring too much during installation. But the spring should expand and push against the bearing. And why only the pas side?
Sponsored

Last edited:

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I noticed the exact same thing when I installed my set. Doesn't seem to affect anything when it's on the ground and I haven't noticed anything abnormal while driving so I paid it no mind.

OP
OP
VinRRR

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I noticed the exact same thing when I installed my set. Doesn't seem to affect anything when it's on the ground and I haven't noticed anything abnormal while driving so I paid it no mind.
Thanks for responding man! This gives me a peace of mind because I was wondering if the springs is defective.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Not sure on the Type R specifically, but you could always give Swift a call directly. I have in the past and they're very helpful when I had some questions specifically about their spring setup. They may be able to give some insight to that. I have a feeling it's okay though.
Sponsored