xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
Quick question can't really find info when I searched. Any of you guys running Swift springs? Any issues axle boot being damaged by springs? I know it's a weird question. I never had springs really damage an axle boot before unless during the install process it was done incorrectly. Correct me if I am wrong....

Anyways, I ordered a new axle for my type r and getting it done. But trying to analyze how the axle boot and grease leaked out even when re clamping still leaked grease everywhere.

Please let me know if you have any idea. Trying to avoid same issue with the new axle with boot.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Country flag
I've been on Swift springs for about a month now with no issues. I can't see how this would happen from the springs themselves. They shouldn't even contact the boot. Like you said, I feel it would have to have been damaged during install. Following this though to see if anyone else chimes in with other info.

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I dont see how the spring can damage axle. Only while installing the spring the axle wasnt put back in place correctly.

OP
OP
xABNINx

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's what I've been told by several people and other shops. I guess I wanted to ask fellow community. I don't want to install new axle if springs will be the culprit. With all my cars, granted I always ran coilovers because my old cards didn't have modes. On my focus RS and Type R I opted for springs to have the modes available.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’ve had swift Springs for several months and they have been perfect. No damage at all caused by running these springs.

OP
OP
xABNINx

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve had swift Springs for several months and they have been perfect. No damage at all caused by running these springs.
Definitely could be 2 things, install or some rock or particle but I should've heard something. Oh wells.....nothing I can do now but fix it. Just trying to see if I need to remove the springs but will decide not to.
Sponsored