Honda Civic 10th gen SWIFT springs owners: 20200612_204530
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
The bump stops are there to prevent the shocks from bottom out. They're there for a reason. Some cars use bump stops as part of the overall suspension design strategy.

With that said, what do the instructions say? Generally with any lowering springs, you need to cut bump stops due to reduced shock travel distance. If you don't, you'll hit the bump stops and the the ride will become very harsh and/or you could lose traction.

OP
OP
Coqui

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@ayau SWIFT says don't cut but I know with lowering springs its usually recommended.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@ayau SWIFT says don't cut but I know with lowering springs its usually recommended.
Interesting. It looks like Swift is on the stiffer side compared to other brands, so maybe they think you won't hit the bump stops (unlikely). They're also on the more aggressive drop compared to others.

It would be a pain in the ass if you didn't cut them and realized you're riding on the bump stops a lot and have to take everything apart just to cut the bump stops.

I'll say it wouldn't hurt to cut them but will be interested to see what other Swift owners have done.

OP
OP
Coqui

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Yea I've heard both sides..some cut some don't. Local guy to me cut, another said he didn't. One that didn't cut says his is bouncy only in comfort mode. Which I'm guessing cuz he hitting the bumpstops. Ill probably cut them anyways since I won't really drive in comfort

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Most factory shocks don’t have much shock travel to begin with, so cutting is almost always necessary when using lowering springs. Kind of surprised Swift suggests not to.

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
@Ismael Lafluer so u kept them as is? How's it rode for you in all settings
I kept them stock.
In comfort mode its a tad bouncier than stock, ( I guess that is to be expected with a stiffer spring) but sport is ok and R it feels best. I don’t daily the car and only put about 1500 miles on since I put em on 6 months ago So it’s hard to say.
overall I’m happy

OP
OP
Coqui

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@Ismael Lafluer thats how ill be too..not a daily, won't see winter months. 80% of time itll be in R, rest Sport.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Interesting. It looks like Swift is on the stiffer side compared to other brands, so maybe they think you won't hit the bump stops (unlikely). They're also on the more aggressive drop compared to others.

It would be a pain in the ass if you didn't cut them and realized you're riding on the bump stops a lot and have to take everything apart just to cut the bump stops.

I'll say it wouldn't hurt to cut them but will be interested to see what other Swift owners have done.
You don’t have to take everything apart. Just jack the car up, lift up the dust boot and use a knife to cut the bump stop. It’s tight, but doable.

To OP, Swift said you don’t have to cut the bump stop. I cut mine, just the bottom piece (about 8-10mm) to allow a little more travel. I live in NYC, and the roads are really bad here so I don’t want to hit the bump stop every time I hit a big dip or raise on the highway. Spoon recommends cutting 1 piece (around 8-10mm), and Eibach recommends cutting 25mm (that’s more than 2 pieces or whatever you call it) so I assume the strut is designed to travel at least another 25mm. Some people reported that the ride is better after cutting the bump stop. It’s really up to you, can’t go wrong either way. I say cut the bottom piece.

OP
OP
Coqui

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@VinRRR ill try that first..then if I feel needs more, can easily jackup n cut w blade