Swift Springs Compatibility

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if the Swift Spec-R Sport Springs would be compatible with non-Si or non-hatchback models? More specifically, would they work on my ‘17 EX-T? Been really interested in those....if not, any recommendations for a set of springs that provide a rather mild drop. Looking for about 1-1.2 inch drop at max with 18x8.5 + 235/40. Thanks!
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Yes, they're compatible.

how stiff are you wanting to go with the springs? Swift are on the stiffer side. Whiteline are also pretty stiff, but a little lower. Whiteline says 1.4” front and rear

OP
OP
MarshX

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, they're compatible.

how stiff are you wanting to go with the springs? Swift are on the stiffer side. Whiteline are also pretty stiff, but a little lower. Whiteline says 1.4” front and rear
Well in terms of stiffness, the swifts were about on par with what I wanted. Plus the mild drop would, for the meanwhile, not require aftermarket camber arms. So that’s kinda saving a buck or two lol. I haven’t really looked into the white line springs....though I would be interested too see how exactly they compare to the swifts w/ spring rate and the need for camber arms.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Well in terms of stiffness, the swifts were about on par with what I wanted. Plus the mild drop would, for the meanwhile, not require aftermarket camber arms. So that’s kinda saving a buck or two lol. I haven’t really looked into the white line springs....though I would be interested too see how exactly they compare to the swifts w/ spring rate and the need for camber arms.
The swift springs for Si maintain the same springrate bias the Si was given from the factory. Which is different from all other Civics (including the Type R).

To get the handling characteristic they wanted, Honda greatly increased rear springrate and moderately increased front springrate on the Si, to the tune of the rear being 50% stiffer than the front.

Swift designed their Si spring kit to maintain this bias which keeps the handling characteristic/chassis balance Honda delivered from the factory around.

Whiteline went the other way and made their springs a bias more like the normal civics, but with similar stiffness to the Swift option, where the front is a smaller amount less stiff than the rear.

Whichever one you choose will affect how you want to upgrade other handling components like sway bars. But I can't really tell you if one bias is better than the other.

I'm happy with how the Si feels on the swift springs and I wouldn't want it any other way.

boggels

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI with 4 porte
Country flag
@JT Si i am guessing you are running the swift springs made for the Si? there was someone on hear early this year running type R swift springs on their Si and he was loving it.

i am asking because i am interested in the swift springs over all other manufactures

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
@JT Si i am guessing you are running the swift springs made for the Si? there was someone on hear early this year running type R swift springs on their Si and he was loving it.

i am asking because i am interested in the swift springs over all other manufactures
Yes, I have the Si kit. I can see maybe a bit higher springrate being useful for handling but it's plenty high for fun driving without being so stiff it's uncomfortable to drive.
Sponsored