Swift Springs Civic Si

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will the bump stops need to be modified? I read about Swift Type R Springs not having to cut bump stops but people had bouncy ride when they did not.
I am looking forward to some feedback on experiences. Still trying to figure out if I want this over Eibach Pro Kit. I thought I made up my mind until this thread popped up. :hmm:
Would be surprised if not, but curious also. I waited on Swift because they seemed to have some more engineering behind their design. Mine ship today or tomorrow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I like Swifts due to their extensive engineering....wonder if they'll release a non-si set. Then again the SI set had been posted on their 'applications' pages for a LONG time. Oh well. Congrats to those with SI's and CTR's.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Couldn't wait. Ordered! Let us know about the bump stops etc since I won't be installing for a few weeks.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spoke to a guy today that installed these after using the Pro-Kit for a while. He said they were stiffer and much more motorsports oriented, which was what he was looking for. He said they were also more level than the Pro-Kit. I told him to get on the forum and share his impressions with everyone.

ko2performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 honda cr-v
Country flag
To answer the question on the bump stops:

All of our testing is done on OEM uncut bump stops. When we create the springs we dyno the bumpstops and factor them into our spring design.
There is no issue with trimming the bumpstops to each owners subjective needs, we almost try to think of it as a tuning device for the users.
We always recommend not modifying the bumpstops for the initial install and test from there.

The Swift Team

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To answer the question on the bump stops:

All of our testing is done on OEM uncut bump stops. When we create the springs we dyno the bumpstops and factor them into our spring design.
There is no issue with trimming the bumpstops to each owners subjective needs, we almost try to think of it as a tuning device for the users.
We always recommend not modifying the bumpstops for the initial install and test from there.

The Swift Team
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Liking the decision to wait on Swift.

angry_lime

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hoping to install these in the next week or two

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs Civic Si IMG_1363 (1)

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the poor angles, but it was late and raining all day. Couldn’t really push the car, but i can say the ride quality is superb. Very much like it was on stock suspension. Will update again when roads are dry. Very happy so far i was worried it would be too stiff, but it’s actually perfect.

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs Civic Si 230C69E3-AEEC-40C2-A66A-59C02C018F85

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs Civic Si 818F0751-9B0F-43C7-A72D-F316D0DD8123

Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs Civic Si 190A8D98-9238-434E-9805-5596420182C6

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I'd really like to hear a "real world driving" review including how it handles large speed bumps, steep driveways, bumpy roads, etc. along with a handling review.

I'm also hoping someone will post the pre alignment readings so we can see exactly how the factory alignment was altered before being adjusted.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd really like to hear a "real world driving" review including how it handles large speed bumps, steep driveways, bumpy roads, etc. along with a handling review.

I'm also hoping someone will post the pre alignment readings so we can see exactly how the factory alignment was altered before being adjusted.
I’m going to get it aligned in a week or so. I can tell you that it drives almost stock. You can feel that it tightens up when it compresses on a good turn. Body role is minimized like someone mentioned. It’s not low enough to create problems with speed bumps. I can still park and not scrape the front bumper. It’s very daily driver friendly, I’m in my 30’s and if this was a bumpy ride believe me I would sell them.
Will report more with due time.
Question for alignment, when i take it get it done do i need to mention it needs to be a certain spec or camber? Also, should it be done at the dealer or ?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I’m going to get it aligned in a week or so. I can tell you that it drives almost stock. You can feel that it tightens up when it compresses on a good turn. Body role is minimized like someone mentioned. It’s not low enough to create problems with speed bumps. I can still park and not scrape the front bumper. It’s very daily driver friendly, I’m in my 30’s and if this was a bumpy ride believe me I would sell them.
Will report more with due time.
Question for alignment, when i take it get it done do i need to mention it needs to be a certain spec or camber? Also, should it be done at the dealer or ?
You could print out the alignment information from the sticky thread and take it to an independent shop that specializes in sports car/racing alignment and have them align it to the sportier side of the acceptable OEM range. Otherwise probably just take it to a dealer.
Sponsored