Swift Springs Civic Si

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I called Swift USA last week to inquire about Si Specific springs. They told me that they were a couple of weeks away from having them. Did anyone here test fit with them? What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

LEM09

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I called Swift USA last week to inquire about Si Specific springs. They told me that they were a couple of weeks away from having them. Did anyone here test fit with them? What are your thoughts?
I was one of the few guys who pre ordered these springs for the SI, i think they will have 10 sets for SI and 10 sets for the type R. I paid mine on January. Still waiting and i know this will be worth the wait.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was one of the few guys who pre ordered these springs for the SI, i think they will have 10 sets for SI and 10 sets for the type R. I paid mine on January. Still waiting and i know this will be worth the wait.
Damn, where did you pre-order?

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I reached out to Swift around Christmas and they literally say "out the first of the year" in an email....then a phone call around the same time in December said "a few weeks". They did make it sound like it was Si specific...hope they have non-Si and non-type-r options in the works. I've really enjoyed their products on my previous cars. Just the right amount of drop and nice increase in handling performance.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I reached out to Swift around Christmas and they literally say "out the first of the year" in an email....then a phone call around the same time in December said "a few weeks". They did make it sound like it was Si specific...hope they have non-Si and non-type-r options in the works. I've really enjoyed their products on my previous cars. Just the right amount of drop and nice increase in handling performance.
I'm trying to find out more information right now, @Kami Speed will be talking to Swift. I called Swift in Feb. and they told me a few weeks. But I have also heard that there was nothing in the works. But the Type-R specific springs are releasing on the 20th so who knows.

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
I'm trying to find out more information right now, @Kami Speed will be talking to Swift. I called Swift in Feb. and they told me a few weeks. But I have also heard that there was nothing in the works. But the Type-R specific springs are releasing on the 20th so who knows.
Just got off the phone with Swift, the springs coming in this month are only for the Type R. Si springs are being designed, but they have not information on drop, spring rate, or price. ETA is also way up in the air, possibly 2-3 months if all goes well, if not possibly even more time.

So we're holding off on taking pre-orders since there are no details, not even a part number.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got off the phone with Swift, the springs coming in this month are only for the Type R. Si springs are being designed, but they have not information on drop, spring rate, or price. ETA is also way up in the air, possibly 2-3 months if all goes well, if not possibly even more time.

So we're holding off on taking pre-orders since there are no details, not even a part number.
Well this blows, Eibach it is then.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well this blows, Eibach it is then.
Agreed...Eibach, Vogtland, H&R, RSR or D2 seem to be our options at the moment. Guess I'm waiting some more. Not sure I like the progressive rear of the Eibachs.

LEM09

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They told me they wil release the one for the SI's on the 27th of this month. been waiting for 3 months already. I know its going to be worth the wait

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They told me they wil release the one for the SI's on the 27th of this month. been waiting for 3 months already. I know its going to be worth the wait
Maybe they were talking about the TypeR. @Kami Speed just contacted then and no news...the 27th is Monday. I'm sure they would have said something.

LEM09

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe they were talking about the TypeR. @Kami Speed just contacted then and no news...the 27th is Monday. I'm sure they would have said something.
Mine in here, havent got on hand yet. but they called me and its already here. And yes, its for the fk8. And swift says will be fine on Si's

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine in here, havent got on hand yet. but they called me and its already here. And yes, its for the fk8. And swift says will be fine on Si's
Type R and Si springs are dimensionally the same. But the Type R design is not ok for the Si, I confirmed this with Swift Springs themselves. The springs rates are much more aggressive, throwing off the drop and ruining the Si shocks.

Are you just trying it out? But Swift wanted me to let everyone know that they don't recommend this, which is why they're making Si specific springs.

LEM09

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R and Si springs are dimensionally the same. But the Type R design is not ok for the Si, I confirmed this with Swift Springs themselves. The springs rates are much more aggressive, throwing off the drop and ruining the Si shocks.

Are you just trying it out? But Swift wanted me to let everyone know that they don't recommend this, which is why they're making Si specific springs.
Yeah, I waited for it for 4 months and I thought it's gonna be si specific. But then I called swift yesterday and told me there's no problem in putting it into my car.

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I waited for it for 4 months and I thought it's gonna be si specific. But then I called swift yesterday and told me there's no problem in putting it into my car.
Swift wants you to call again lol, they said it's dimensionally the same but they don't recommend it.

also wanted to me to quote them:

"the springs dimensionally are the same. They are specifically designed for the Type R, they were never tested on a civic SI. It might work, but not something confirmed nor is it something that they should try to test unless, they are willing to lose out on the cost of springs"​
Sponsored