e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'd be interested to see what they release for the non SI models, especially the Coupe. Swift would be a better option compared to Eibach since they typically offer a selection of spring rates, making it a more customized lowering spring based on personal preference.
Sponsored

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
I'd be interested to see what they release for the non SI models, especially the Coupe. Swift would be a better option compared to Eibach since they typically offer a selection of spring rates, making it a more customized lowering spring based on personal preference.
They are still working on Si specific Spec-R springs so I'd wait on those to have the optimal drop and performance. The Type R ones work surprisingly well from the pictures, but the Si specific ones will work much better since they'll be designed specifically for the Si shocks and suspension

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
They are still working on Si specific Spec-R springs so I'd wait on those to have the optimal drop and performance. The Type R ones work surprisingly well from the pictures, but the Si specific ones will work much better since they'll be designed specifically for the Si shocks and suspension
I'm also assuming that the non-Si version will be developed at a later date? Or are they in testing alongside the Si version?

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
I'm also assuming that the non-Si version will be developed at a later date? Or are they in testing alongside the Si version?
They may do sport springs for the non Si, but that I'm not sure of yet. They haven't provided anything else as of yet

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
They may do sport springs for the non Si, but that I'm not sure of yet. They haven't provided anything else as of yet
Subscribed for updates and potential to get Swift springs soon :)

bobvudown

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Would these springs cause the active damper indicator to light up?

Xtelotatichl

First Name
Cha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
Country flag
About to be June 1st, any news on the Si specific springs?

ko2performance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 honda cr-v
Country flag
Still nothing?
I received an email from Brian Shiokari of swift on September 17.
Stating: "Unfortunately I do not have much information on when we will be getting the new SI spec R springs"

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1 inch drop compared to FK8 OEM - 6.3 /7.4 kgf/mm front/rear spring rates via a linear rate

Actually the swift springs are not Linear they are dual rate springs .;)
Honda Civic 10th gen Swift Springs Civic Si SPRING-TYPES-1

Linear springs of 6k and 7k would make it very bouncy .
Most of the oem springs are linear but are very mild spring rates.
I recently found out the 2016 Civic FK2 Type R uses dual rate Rear springs stock.

123towers

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello gents, out of the few springs available at this time for the Si, what is making you guys lean toward Swift. What about H&R? Eibachs, Rs*R, enlighten me! Looking for a drop with quality and do perform the way it’s meant to, not just for show!

Thanks guys

farqt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si
Country flag
Swift and hyperco are generally considered to have the best spring materials and production at enthusiast sized. I am not that familiar with the spec-r line but from the looks of, they do use their proprietary alloy for them (the diameter of the coil wire at higher rates)

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For me its mostly about the spring rates and the ratio between front and rear. Most of the aftermarket spring manufacturers are all around the same spring rate .
Spoon/Eibach/H&R/RS-R/Megan Racing Are all around 150-160 lbs/in front and 180-190lbs/in rear .
Swift is the only one that has very different rates 213lbs/in front and 308lbs/in rear and also the ratio between front and rear is very different.
Other factors are that most of them are Progressive spring rates and swift is dual rate .
Dual rate springs drive and act different then a progressive spring .

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
For me its mostly about the spring rates and the ratio between front and rear. Most of the aftermarket spring manufacturers are all around the same spring rate .
Spoon/Eibach/H&R/RS-R/Megan Racing Are all around 150-160 lbs/in front and 180-190lbs/in rear .
Swift is the only one that has very different rates 213lbs/in front and 308lbs/in rear and also the ratio between front and rear is very different.
Other factors are that most of them are Progressive spring rates and swift is dual rate .
Dual rate springs drive and act different then a progressive spring .
Agree! I have the Eibachs now and they will do but in a few years when this car looses daily duty and goes to track duty I will be going with swift or hyper at that time!
Sponsored