First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi everyone!

I've been looking into getting some Swift springs for my FK8. I've read multiple posts, but haven't gotten much solid information.

I know Swift advertises their springs to lower 1" front and rear, however I recall some people saying the springs drop more than that.

Can those with Swift springs on their FK8 give feedback? Is it indeed 1" drop? or more? (How much more?).

Thanks in advance!!!

JT
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
they are the best spring imo.
i didnt measure mine but i had eibach pro kit before and its significantly lower than the pro kits i had on.

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
I did not measure either but agree on them being the best based on being the lowest (probably 1.125in - 1.25in), the spring rates helping the car be more neutral handling and the drop is LEVEL! (competitors are lower in the rear than the front)

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
So the only level drop is the Swift ? No concerns with premature shock wear with going that low ?
I cannot say they are the ONLY level option as I have not seen HR springs and less popular springs installed.
No, I feel good about the stock shocks being able to control the movement and the shock does not care where it is in the range of motion. Remember it is just hydraulic fluid being passed thru a restriction.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I cannot say they are the ONLY level option as I have not seen HR springs and less popular springs installed.
No, I feel good about the stock shocks being able to control the movement and the shock does not care where it is in the range of motion. Remember it is just hydraulic fluid being passed thru a restriction.
Gotcha. I would love to get the Swift springs, my only concern is if removing the front guide pins and adding neg camber in rear would be enough to not rub. I’m on 18x9.5 +35 with 255/40, but I want to go 265/35 then lower

OP
OP
si@vegas

si@vegas

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. So the consensus is that it does lower a bit more than 1”. Another option that lowers a bit more up front to get rid of that unsighlty “sag”, is the rsr super down, but it lowers more than i want. A buddy of mine has the rsr’s and they ride really well.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Does anyone have height measurements on their Swift setups? Trying to get my HKS coils to match Swift springs height. If someone could measure from the ground, through the center bore of the wheel, and to the top of the fender it would be much appreciated

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Does anyone have height measurements on their Swift setups? Trying to get my HKS coils to match Swift springs height. If someone could measure from the ground, through the center bore of the wheel, and to the top of the fender it would be much appreciated
mine was like 12.5" from the ground to center of wheel and 25 1/8" to fender for both front and rear.
wasnt easy to look straight on while holding a tape measure.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
mine was like 12.5" from the ground to center of wheel and 25 1/8" to fender for both front and rear.
wasnt easy to look straight on while holding a tape measure.
Thank you! It was 25 1/8” for both front and rear?

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Country flag
Will all lowering springs rub with the OEM wheels?